library for nightly outdated and lack of thumbnail caching
(2012-12-02, 21:17)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:Yeah - the reason for this is that there was no information in Eden as to where art came from. Thus, if there's no URL to associate the art to, even if the cached art exists, we don't have anything to associate it with. I guess I could invent random URLs, but that's probably not the best way to do things, so I drop it instead. Note that if the jpg was named appropriately (folder.jpg/poster.jpg) in the movie folder then it should have been picked up.

ok makes sense. i dont really use folder or poster jpg's in folder. If my movie cant pick up coverart i just save the jpg to the movie folder and point xbmc manually to the file. going forward ill name appropriately seems to reduce hassle at transition times.

Quote:This might make sense if the video info dialog is using listitem.thumb which, if there is a screengrab available (it would have been generated perhaps while it was scanning for stuff) will be used. You should have the poster available via "Choose Art" still indicating that it's still there.

I'll see if I can get the skin to prioritise the poster (I should think it would be, but maybe not).
 [/quote]

Correct, the poster is still there as current poster when i choose the option to pick it. Which is why its surprising that the screenshot shows up in info rather than the poster. I THINK the skin should prioritize the poster as you mentioned, otherwise 80% of the info dialogues would ultimately contain screenshots (and that too squeezed from widescreen to the tall orientation making everything squished). I am talking about movies that xbmc has never had issues scraping and that i havent even manually changed anything for.

Another side effect of this is that on the home screen when i am hovering over movies, my recent movies list has 1 proper poster (for the movie that shows a poster in info) and the other 4 visible ones show the screenshot of a frame (these movies in info also show the same screenshot).

In fact i just did an experiment by checking about 30 movies from my 500, and out of the 30, only one (zorba the greek) showed the poster correctly in info. The others (adjustment bureau, batman, and some other very popular ones) showed the squeezed up screenshot. Doesnt look very attractive.

Quote:Yup - no poster available as only wide banners were scanned. Nonetheless, the banner should show up in other views (I'm assuming you're using Confluence)?
 [/quote]

Yes I am using confluence. I just did an experiment i reverted to xbmc eden with rapier skin, and in all views in tv shows i always see the wide banner in correct aspect ratio (no squeezing wide banners into poster tall format). Going back to frodo with confluence only the wide banner list view shows my banners. anywhere that requires poster view just shows the blank folder icon.

My memory might not be correct, and this may have something to do with imdb being down (even though all my scraping was done months ago) previously no matter what view i used to be in, my tv shws would scrape both posters as well as wide banners so regardless of the view i would see properlyly oriented artwork.

side request:
Pertaining to the confluence skin which is going to be my default skin going forward. ANy possibility to add an option to disable showing video osd when playing pausing forwarding or rewinding a movie/tv show. Only show if i press menu on remote. this way it doesnt ruin the suspence of where i am in the movie if i pause or forward rewind. and i also made this request in the confluence skin section...but i figure if you like this feature you're more able to get it implemented than i would Smile Rapier has this option in skin settings for those that like the video osd to not show up..
(2012-12-03, 09:50)nmirza Wrote: Yes I am using confluence. I just did an experiment i reverted to xbmc eden with rapier skin, and in all views in tv shows i always see the wide banner in correct aspect ratio (no squeezing wide banners into poster tall format). Going back to frodo with confluence only the wide banner list view shows my banners. anywhere that requires poster view just shows the blank folder icon.
How's that possible? If you use a wide-banner in a poster-view, you'll get squeezed out pictures. There is no way that you could change this. The only possibility would be something special of the skin.

Quote:My memory might not be correct, and this may have something to do with imdb being down (even though all my scraping was done months ago) previously no matter what view i used to be in, my tv shws would scrape both posters as well as wide banners so regardless of the view i would see properlyly oriented artwork.
Okay then, your first statement sounded different...
That's however not how it worked for me, if I have wide-banner enabled, it will only use and scrape those. If I have poster enabled, it will only use and scrape those. This is however the case since Eden.

Quote:side request:
Pertaining to the confluence skin which is going to be my default skin going forward. ANy possibility to add an option to disable showing video osd when playing pausing forwarding or rewinding a movie/tv show. Only show if i press menu on remote. this way it doesnt ruin the suspence of where i am in the movie if i pause or forward rewind. and i also made this request in the confluence skin section...but i figure if you like this feature you're more able to get it implemented than i would Smile Rapier has this option in skin settings for those that like the video osd to not show up..
That's purely a skin issue - thus your post in the confluence section certainly suffices.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Quote:In fact i just did an experiment by checking about 30 movies from my 500, and out of the 30, only one (zorba the greek) showed the poster correctly in info. The others (adjustment bureau, batman, and some other very popular ones) showed the squeezed up screenshot. Doesnt look very attractive.

Yeah, I know the problem here. Will organise a fix.

Quote:Going back to frodo with confluence only the wide banner list view shows my banners. anywhere that requires poster view just shows the blank folder icon.

I can't see how this can happen to be honest - we specifically request a poster, and if no poster is available it falls back to the icon which falls back to the banner. Will try and reproduce.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-12-03, 23:42)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:Going back to frodo with confluence only the wide banner list view shows my banners. anywhere that requires poster view just shows the blank folder icon.

I can't see how this can happen to be honest - we specifically request a poster, and if no poster is available it falls back to the icon which falls back to the banner. Will try and reproduce.

Cheers,
Jonathan

When i try in rapier, what you describe is what happens (in eden). I.e. since i havent scraped any posters, any view i go to just shows the banner (in the correct aspect ratio). But in confluence frodo, indeed the poster view shows blank icons. I would test with rapier and frodo but rapier seems to be broken in frodo so sorry cant identify if its the skin or the app.

Again thanks for all your help on the best media player thats even better now. Ive been testing a lot over past couple of days and very happy a lot of small long standing issues have been fixed with frodo. The music category is actually amazingly usable now, and xbmc finally auto plays the next song!!

"blank icons" ? Or the default "video item" icon? This distinction is important.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-12-04, 06:35)jmarshall Wrote: "blank icons" ? Or the default "video item" icon? This distinction is important.

the "video item" icon, if you mean the blue "Folder" icon. The space for poster isnt blank. theres the blue folder icon.
It won't show a blue folder icon unless you're in files mode.

EDIT: Actually, for tvshows you'll get the folder icon in library nodes as well.

I presume you're browings tvshows in the library views?

(2012-12-04, 07:44)jmarshall Wrote: It won't show a blue folder icon unless you're in files mode.

EDIT: Actually, for tvshows you'll get the folder icon in library nodes as well.

I presume you're browings tvshows in the library views?

yes browsing in library mode.

here some pics

http://postimage.org/image/aw1i1myoj/

http://postimage.org/image/jmwo7mw5x/

http://postimage.org/image/5drj2nczp/

http://postimage.org/image/a4d62gk41/

http://postimage.org/image/i4qww5fkj/

Can you check in the art table of MyVideos75.db (or whichever is the version you have) using this query:

select * from art where media_type='tvshow' and art_type in ('thumb','poster');

and see what rows are returned?

Any news about this? Did beta 3 solve your problems?
(2012-12-05, 01:23)jmarshall Wrote: Can you check in the art table of MyVideos75.db (or whichever is the version you have) using this query:

select * from art where media_type='tvshow' and art_type in ('thumb','poster');

and see what rows are returned?

uhhhh sorry im not sure where to do that. im quessing its some mysql stuff. where do i type this query?
(2012-12-09, 14:59)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Any news about this? Did beta 3 solve your problems?

Hi, My last report still stands from more than a week ago. I updated to beta 2 from beta 1 and things seemed generally fine. Since i had already migrated my eden library to beta 1 as reported, and had a few missing cover arts (maybe about 10-15 out of 500), which wasnt a big deal and i fixed it, I am not sure if eden to beta 2 fixed that issue or not.

Going from beta 1 to beta 2 didnt cause any problems.

I cant try beta 3 until atleast friday since i'm away from my setup this week. Will report friday/saturday.

Generally speaking though there is only one issue that remains (I wouldnt count the 10-15 missing movie posters a big deal): When you go into the info for a movie, instead of the poster showing up, you can a random frame from the movie. which doesnt look great, but first of all its not on the main posters page (I use wall view) so not big deal, and secondly i'm guessing its just an issue with xbmc pointing to the wrong jpg, which should probably fixed in some update not requiring a rescan of librayr. I could be wrong about this though maybe j marshall can correct me.

I think as long as you backup your xbmc userdata -> database directory, you can migrate to frodo, test it out and if there are issues just restore that directory and go back to eden.
just updated to frodo rc1. issue persists when i press info on a movie the new window doesn't have correct poster art in confluence. It displays a squeezed frame from the movie.
Fix for the squashed art in the video info window is in master now - thanks for your patience.

Hello all,
maybe a similar problem here.
just updated to the frodo rc.. and all the icons of my movies are gone (there are instead frames from the movies). Or better, if I look for a icon, the old icon is present, but not shown.
If i scrap a movie again, this time the icon appears
suggestions?

EDIT:
sorry for the wrong info... I just discovered it is NOT a general problem of frodo RC, but just of NEON skin. with other skins everything works well
thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library for nightly outdated and lack of thumbnail caching0