OS X Mountain Lion
(2012-07-26, 02:59)teklikethis Wrote: Has anyone looked to see if they still have XBMC in their Application Support folder?

I don't have anything there. I tried to update to one of the nightly builds and nothing carried over. I now have no idea where my database is stored.

Look in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. The ~/Library folder is probably hidden. So hold down the option key while clicking on the "Go" menu and select "Library".
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2012-07-26, 03:30)winestock Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 02:59)teklikethis Wrote: Has anyone looked to see if they still have XBMC in their Application Support folder?

I don't have anything there. I tried to update to one of the nightly builds and nothing carried over. I now have no idea where my database is stored.

Look in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. The ~/Library folder is probably hidden. So hold down the option key while clicking on the "Go" menu and select "Library".

I know, but that's not the issue. There's actually no XBMC folder in Application Support.

EDIT: I was navigating to Library by going CMD+Shift+G, then typing /Library/. When I held option then went to Library from the menu bar it seemed to work. Didn't think I was in the wrong, but thank you for the help!
(2012-07-26, 03:54)teklikethis Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 03:30)winestock Wrote:

I know, but that's not the issue. There's actually no XBMC folder in Application Support.

Hopefully you had a Time Machine backup of the XBMC folder.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
/Library is wrong. its ~/Library (e.x. the Library folder in you users home folder).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm having video studdering problems. It repeats 3-5 seconds of video then 'catches up' and then flashes to green for a second. Switching to full screen helps temp, but then it goes awol again.

MacBook Pro 5,2 XBMC Eden 11 & Frodo Nightly Build July 24th.
(2012-07-26, 12:31)tdhz77 Wrote: I'm having video studdering problems. It repeats 3-5 seconds of video then 'catches up' and then flashes to green for a second. Switching to full screen helps temp, but then it goes awol again.

MacBook Pro 5,2 XBMC Eden 11 & Frodo Nightly Build July 24th.

The nightly builds have been broken for me for a while...MBP w/Retina, green flashing + stuttering for at least all my x264 files. Turning off hardware acceleration fixes it. Didn't improve with Mountain Lion. I think airplay isn't 100% because it isn't using the hardware acceleration.
(2012-07-27, 02:45)seals Wrote: The nightly builds have been broken for me for a while...MBP w/Retina, green flashing + stuttering for at least all my x264 files. Turning off hardware acceleration fixes it. Didn't improve with Mountain Lion. I think airplay isn't 100% because it isn't using the hardware acceleration.

Same experience, not sure if it was ML or my upgrade to Frodo that borked things. x264 MKV's are unplayable without disabling hardware acceleration, yet VLC handles them like a champ. Retina MacBook Pro as well. Frodo July 26th
(2012-07-25, 18:23)davilla Wrote: Personally, (and I'm a dev too) I never, ever update a box that I depend on until maybe years after the update pops out. Why, the first one is always buggy as hell, and it takes a few rounds of get things right.

As a dev, I hop on using the beta versions of the OS. Why? Because my users will be trying to use my software on day 1 of the new OS. I, at the very least, want to know what issues they'll encounter. One of the best ways to know about these issues is to be dogfooding on the new operating system. Ideally, I'd be a step ahead of them and have it working on day one of the new OS release. Far, far more of the issues are caused by intentional design changes rather than bugs in the OS, so I think waiting "years" to upgrade your main OS is the wrong attitude to take.
(2012-07-27, 07:09)ethangar Wrote: As a dev, I hop on using the beta versions of the OS. Why? Because my users will be trying to use my software on day 1 of the new OS. I, at the very least, want to know what issues they'll encounter. One of the best ways to know about these issues is to be dogfooding on the new operating system. Ideally, I'd be a step ahead of them and have it working on day one of the new OS release. Far, far more of the issues are caused by intentional design changes rather than bugs in the OS, so I think waiting "years" to upgrade your main OS is the wrong attitude to take.

Just some thoughts on this:

XBMC isn't a typical application on a computer. With XBMC you don't have the pressing need to update to the latest and greatest OS for XBMC to run at its full potential. XBMC isn't using any of the new APIs or features of 10.8, so upgrading a Mac OS X powered media center to 10.8 will make very little difference to XBMC (at least on paper and in the past. We'll see how ML goes.) It's one thing for a computer that is a normal every-day machine that people use and check e-mail and play games on. Changes to Expose, AirPlay mirroring, notifications, all that is appealing on a normal computer. For a media center computer, it doesn't make a lot of difference. Most of our users are using XBMC on a dedicated XBMC computer.

In the corporate world, you will not see companies updating their OS the day the OS comes out. They know that the update will cause issues with their specialized software, company specific work flows, employee training, etc. It's not uncommon for them to wait a year or two before updating. Same with other pro-users such as video editors and photographers. If you buy a few thousand dollars worth of applications, you might wait a month or so to hear if the updated OS plays nicely with them, as your job depends on those applications working.

Considering that, according to SDKs and various other things, we know XBMC should work just fine on a newer version of Mac OS X, the only thing to anticipate are bugs. Since this OS update is happening during the middle of XBMC's development cycle, where it will be months before a stable version is released, time really isn't a pressing factor for our devs. Our devs might not use the newest OS on a day to day basis on their main machines, but they do test things out and fix bugs when they come up, just like they've done in the past.
Corporations take forever updating a browser version let alone operating systems.

All that said, its really not all that bad atleast in my experience. I've been running xbmc on 10.8 since dp1 where it would crash immediately. Since dp3 it has been reasonably stable.

My setup is below.

Issues that I have noticed.

1. Some blurays cause stuttering and are unwatchable. The option to turn interlace off does not exist in the particular movies with this issue. Bluray title menus also do not work.
2. The audio stuttering while pausing seem to not exist in the nightly builds.
3. Sometimes after selecting a stream it is necessary to press pause then play to start the video.
4. Occassional crashes occur but it seems to happen while opening the app but honestly I haven't even put the effort to get the logs to see if it is easily fixed.
5. Some handshaking issues seem to be present since the onset of 10.7.4

* Not noticed any library issues.
* Not noticed any specific addon issues.

So for now, I employ workarounds such as leaving xbmc running the majority of the time and am happy to wait to sort out the blur ays when the time is right.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2012-07-25, 16:38)toiva Wrote: I've tested it very briefly with the Frodo nightlies.

- Suspending and resuming seems to work consistently
- No weird audio related problems so far
- iTunes is still taking control over remote (up and down keys start changing system volume)

Not so sure about the first 2 points anymore. Last night i couldn't wake the Mini from sleep using remote, the led was burning bright but i had to press a keyboard button to wake the display. So this bug was inherited from Lion as well.

Also had a couple of issues of missing audio from a video with a simple mp3 tracks which was fixed by rebooting.

Apple Image

And back to Snow Leopard.
(2012-07-27, 11:48)toiva Wrote: Not so sure about the first 2 points anymore. Last night i couldn't wake the Mini from sleep using remote, the led was burning bright but i had to press a keyboard button to wake the display. So this bug was inherited from Lion as well.

I'm afraid Apple has changed mouse and remote behavior (starting from Lion) to "do not wake up", so I actually think it's a bug that you have waken up ML with your remote Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-07-27, 07:09)ethangar Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 18:23)davilla Wrote: Personally, (and I'm a dev too) I never, ever update a box that I depend on until maybe years after the update pops out. Why, the first one is always buggy as hell, and it takes a few rounds of get things right.

As a dev, I hop on using the beta versions of the OS. Why? Because my users will be trying to use my software on day 1 of the new OS. I, at the very least, want to know what issues they'll encounter. One of the best ways to know about these issues is to be dogfooding on the new operating system. Ideally, I'd be a step ahead of them and have it working on day one of the new OS release. Far, far more of the issues are caused by intentional design changes rather than bugs in the OS, so I think waiting "years" to upgrade your main OS is the wrong attitude to take.

When you get as old and experienced as me, then come back and tell me some war stories about jumping to beta versions while maintaining the current releases.
muuuhhh

[attachment=230]
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Video is working perfectly with me.
BUT
I don't have audio at ALL:

It tells me: "failed to initialize audio device. Check your audio settings".

I'm on a MacPro Early 2008
Audio is a optical digital audio:

Everything works perfectly before updating to 10.8
All the nightly builds are "broken" for me. They don't open at all. Only XBMC 11.0 opens

/* Update */
Here is the log of the master where the audio fails:

18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioHardware::FindAudioDevice: Searching for device - Built-in Digital.
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioDevice::GetTotalOutputChannels: Found 0 channels in 0 buffers
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioHardware::FindAudioDevice: Device[0x0044] - Name: 'Built-in Line In', Total Ouput Channels: 0.
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioDevice::Close: Closed device 0x0044
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioDevice::GetTotalOutputChannels: Found 0 channels in 0 buffers
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioHardware::FindAudioDevice: Device[0x0040] - Name: 'Built-in Digital', Total Ouput Channels: 0.
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioDevice::Close: Closed device 0x0040
18:36:08 T:2888018472 ERROR: CCoreAudioUnit::SetCurrentDevice: Unable to set current device. Error = -10851
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioAEHALOSX::Initialize: Unable to initialize audio due a missconfiguration. Try 2.0 speaker configuration.
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: CCoreAudioAE::Initialize:
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Output Device : Built-in Digital
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Sample Rate : 44100
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Sample Format : AE_FMT_FLOAT
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Channel Count : 2
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Channel Layout: FL,FR
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Frame Size : 8
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Volume Level : 1.000000
18:36:08 T:2888018472 INFO: Passthrough : 0
18:36:08 T:2888018472 DEBUG: CCoreAudioDevice::Close: Closed device 0x0040
18:36:08 T:2888018472 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Failed to start the AudioEngine

Audio MIDI is set to 2.0 (no other configuration is possible)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mountain Lion0