Video card recommendations
Question 
Hi guys,

I am building my first HTPC. All the components are easy to pick, but I have already spent hours looking for a suitable video card. Could you please suggest me some based
on my preferences ? I want to use the HTPC also for gaming, both PC and PS2 emulation.

I chose Moncaso 312. I love it. No discussion about the case allowed Smile

Things that matter

-It has to be a LP card, fitting into a 93mm/3.65 inch high case. No overlapping heatsinks and such, it needs to fit.
-It must be able to run in Crossfire/SLI. The crossfire mode using AMD CPU + GPU is no good, if there are some cards supporting only this mode.
-It's a HTPC. Passive cooling highly preferred, but I am pretty sure I will have to sacrifice this demand and get a good replacement fan.
-Naturally, I need a card that is actually available for sale, not just announced/reviewed.

Things that don't matter too much

-AMD/nVidia, as long as it works as I need.
-Single/Dual slot. Because of motherboard limitations, I can use only 2 cards anyway. The case has 4 LP positions, and I don't intend to use any other cards.
-Money. Of course, no Quadro and FirePro cards, which are insanely expensive.
-Power consumption. The case can accomodate a full size ATX PSU.

So, my idea is the best low profile, passively cooled, crossfire supporting video card money can buy.

Thanks for your ideas !

Z.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video card recommendations0