Add-ons being delayed
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your hard work with XBMC. I LOVE it and everything works as it should... well, except this one thing.

Whenever I load up XBMC (latest nightly), use my remote to select a plugin / add-on, nothing happens (which I've added shortcuts to on the main menu)... it stays like this for around half a minute, and then finally gets around to starting the plugin. It does this with all plugins (tested with both Navy-X, Spotimc2 and DR NU Player).

This debug log is me opening XBMC, selecting Spotimc2 (a Spotify addon) and when it gets around to load, I exit XBMC.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5607

I don't know what's causing this behavior, but something is delaying everything from starting normally. It seems to me like it's got something to do with these lines (775 to 779):

Code:
00:01:31 T:3748   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
00:01:45 T:3748    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://www.google.com (easy=0F5F0048, multi=00000000)
00:01:45 T:3748    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://www.google.com (easy=0F56BFE8, multi=00000000)
00:01:51 T:2052   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 2052 terminating (autodelete)
00:01:51 T:4696   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 4696 terminating (autodelete)

Especially the "SECTION:UnloadDelayed" part got my attention - but I don't know what it means. It happens, with the same lines of code, regardless of which plugin I select.

It's been doing this with the nightlies from the past couple of weeks. But if I go back to a version where it works, I lose my video database, and I don't want to rescrape everything again.

I hope you guys can help me fix this Smile
UPDATE:

I've now found out that it's got something to do with my music library - if I rename the MyMusic27.db to MyMusic27.db.bak, all the plugins start instantly.

Also, it's not only addons that get delayed - EVERYTHING, even when I try to quit XBMC when starting up it does this same thing.

I spent hours getting my music library just the way it should be - and I only did so a week ago, using the nightly build available there. Plus, I'm not even sure it would help to do a rescrape / rescan of everything...

Is there a workaround for this?
Seems odd that it would have such an influence - there's no errors regarding it in your logs that I can see, and it appears that the JSON-RPC requests (likely from your skin) don't seem to be too over the top.

I'd try switching to Confluence just to make sure it's not something odd with Aeon Nox (there is a known issue with that related to fanart from htbackdrops.com, but it doesn't appear to be the cause of the issues you're seeing).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply.

That "helped". Switching to Confluence and restarting XBMC made the problem go away (keeping the same music db file).

So, it seems to be an issue with Aeon Nox. What would be the best thing to do to get it fixed then?
I'm using XEEBO and I figured that some scripts that are used by it seem to be rather slow these days. All "recently added" scripts (series, albums, movies) take ~half a minute to show up. During this time XBMC almost doesn't respond to any navigation commands. Suppose it's about the same for you on Aeon Nox.
Hmm now you mention it seems that getting the weather data actualy showing up takes some time to. Not sure if that's related.
Also when running my downlaoder script it lags as hell
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-26, 14:04)da-anda Wrote: I'm using XEEBO and I figured that some scripts that are used by it seem to be rather slow these days. All "recently added" scripts (series, albums, movies) take ~half a minute to show up. During this time XBMC almost doesn't respond to any navigation commands. Suppose it's about the same for you on Aeon Nox.

I think you're on to something here... But how do I make these faster / stop these from freezong XBMC?

The strange thing is also that it didn't happen with Eden or an earlier (pre-July) nightly build.

I'll rescrape/rescan my music library now to see if that'll do it.
So, I did a complete rescan and rescrape of my music library - and it seems as if the larger your livrary is, the longer the wait (sometimes over a minute where XBMC practically freezes).

Anyway, I experienced that and some other occasional crashing with the nightlies that I decided now to just go back to good ol' plain Eden. Hopefully that'll give me a more stable XBMC.

Thanks anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-ons being delayed0