USB TV Tuner Help
Hey,

I posted this over at AVForums aswell, but someone on here might have experience with this particular tuner.

Long story short, I bought a MSI Mega Sky 580 USB TV Stick on Ebay a few months ago, having being unsuccesful in finding Windows 7 Drivers I bought a cheap USB DVB-T Dongle from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280731328524?s...041wt_1037

I installed the (realtek) drivers to my system and windows successfully recognises it as "Winfast DTV Dongle Dual Service" however I am unable to pick up any channels. In MediaPortal TV Service setup I just get "No Signal" and the BlazeHDTV software that came with the device just crashes when searching for channels.

It is worth mentioning now that I'm running Windows 8 RP, so I don't have Media Centre to test it with.

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they have this device, or a similar one? What drivers have you used and how has Windows identified it? If I go to manually update and select the driver from list, there are now a load of Realtek DVB-TV drivers most of which with generic names such as "USB DVB-T Stick" and "TV DVB-T USB".

The seller has agreed to refund/replace however it's at the cost of me sending it back (which wont be much, granted but for the sake of an 8 quid refund I'd rather avoid) so I'd be interested to know what people on here think. Is Windows 8 just incompatible with these sticks, do I have the wrong driver or is it just altogether faulty?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate the help everyone.

Steve.

P.S. It's worth noting I've hooked up the stick to my house external aerial which has recently been upgraded to a new Freeview compatible aerial. The Digital signal seems to be strong in my area, I plugged the crappy aerial that came with the TV card into my TV and managed to pick up, tune and watch all freeview channels without any issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB TV Tuner Help0