Keymap Subtitles
I've searched a few threads and google searches as well as the wiki.
Would like to utilize the Subtitles functionality directly via remote and unsuccessful with an MCE nor Keyboard nor Harmony One remote
I added the <harmonyremote> section I saw on a Plex forum but regardless with/without that section keys did not behave any differently

<four>ShowSubtitles</four>
<five>NextSubtitle</five>
<six>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</six>
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I managed to get to work but remain puzzled why workaround necessary
Currently what i have working is:

<remote>
<one>ToggleWatched</one>
<Green>ShowSubtitles</Green>
<Yellow>NextSubtitle</Yellow>
<Blue>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</Blue>
<Red>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video)</Red>
</remote>

What I am confused when I used #7-9 for green/yellow/blue, they did NOT work. But I've long been using RED so i tried that. Also I've long been using <one> too.
Is there some nuance to why <four>, <five>, <six> wouldn't work?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
This is what I do for my harmony one.

My case is the antec fusion remote black case. I have my device set as MCE Remote.

Now for my case there is a software called imedian I believe. in this software it gives you the option of rebinding keypresses from the remote to anything you want including combinations such as macros. What I have done is set keys I don't actually use to these functions.

For instance, I have "Subtitles Toggle" as a button correspoding to the mce remote command subtitle. In Imedian I changed the command to perform the keybind associated with toggling subtitles within xbmc. I did this also for "Next Subtitle" "Next Audio" and a bunch of others such as launching xbmc or exiting it. I'm not sure if you can use the same software as me, but I'm quite sure there are many software that can perform the same. This is just what has worked for me and I hope it helped you =P.
My too have a Harmony One but it doesnt have 'color' buttons like an MCE remote so I was able to map 4,5 , 6 via the Logitech software to Green,yellow, blue and things work as I like but again, still frustrated I had to do this alternative for some odd reason. when both RED and ONE have been used w/o issue for ages.
(2012-07-28, 21:06)transcender Wrote: I managed to get to work but remain puzzled why workaround necessary

<remote>
<one>ToggleWatched</one>
</remote>

What I am confused when I used #7-9 for green/yellow/blue, they did NOT work. But I've long been using RED so i tried that. Also I've long been using <one> too.
Does the above definition for <one> work to toggle watched? If that doesn't work either, then I'm thinking maybe you should try <numpadone>, <numpadseven>, <numpadeight> and <numpadnine> instead of <one>, <seven>, <eight> and <nine>. If your current <one>ToggleWatched</one> definition does work, then I don't know why the other numbers would not.

(2012-07-28, 22:00)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-07-28, 21:06)transcender Wrote: I managed to get to work but remain puzzled why workaround necessary

<remote>
<one>ToggleWatched</one>
</remote>

Does the above definition for <one> work to toggle watched? If that doesn't work either, then I'm thinking maybe you should try <numpadone>, <numpadseven>, <numpadeight> and <numpadnine> instead of <one>, <seven>, <eight> and <nine>. If your current <one>ToggleWatched</one> definition does work, then I don't know why the other numbers would not.
Yes both the <one> and <RED> definitions were preexisting for a very long time and worked w/o issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Subtitles0