Problem when adding custom categories
I'm running into a problem when trying to add custom categories. I'm in the options under Settings > Skin > Home > Add More Categories. I can successfully add an item from my favorites and it appears on the home screen. However when I click on it a garbled screen appears and I some times have problems exiting out of it.

I noticed when adding the custom category the path under Button Properties is activatewindow(10025,"F:\",return)

I tried adding a custom category by editing the includes_home.xml and successfully got it working (minus the on focus image). However I did not include "return" as a parameter in the activate window command and when I did include it I got the same error as before. It seems like adding the return parameter is the root of the issue.

I'm running the Frodo Alpha 3 which might be part of the issue. Does anyone know how to edit the skin so it doesn't add "return" when making custom categories or another fix?
I'm having the same problem... please forgive me if a solution already exists on the forum
I am bumping this thread instead of making a new one as I too am having this problem. Let me explain whats going on.

I added a new file location to my videos folder named Documentarys (Videos>FIles>Documentarys), I then added this new folder to my Favorites. Once in my favorites I preceded to go to Settings>Skin>Home>Add More Categories > and added a new category linking to the Documentarys folder I added to my favorites. Once done I went to my home screen, clicked on the new category and saw the same visual bug as can be seen in the screenshot above.

I also tried using different video folders that I added to favorites and added to a custom category, all same result. If anyone here can help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you all for your time and assistance.

-Stangmar

P.S. Smart Playlists work fine, however for what I am trying to do a Smart Playlist does not suit my needs as well as this idea. Just thought I would cover this before someone recommended it. Thanks again for your time and assistance.
Bumping in hopes someone will read my ost so I can avoid making a new thread

Thanks again for your assistance,

-Stangmar.
I guess the the short answer is, time to find a new skin... As XBMC approaches Frodo release, and this skin will become obsolete in its present form. unless someone is willing to take it over.
I too get this screen... Most times I can press a direction keypad, and and it will fix itself.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I guess the the short answer is, time to find a new skin... As XBMC approaches Frodo release, and this skin will become obsolete in its present form. unless someone is willing to take it over.
I too get this screen... Most times I can press a direction keypad, and and it will fix itself.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hi all.

I'm resurrecting this old thread because a fix might finally have been found (thanks to you, tullm and Ronie). HELIX ONLY.

The fix is currently working for custom home categories - not for custom home submenus yet.

If this is working perfectly, I will add this for the submenus and Gotham as well.

The fix unfortunately breaks the paths for existing custom home categories when using favourites - but not the icon, panel, images or backgrounds. Presets are not affected at all.

When saving playlists as a favourite and using this as a custom home category, this new fix also introduces the ability to either play the item or enter the library (which will work nice for music playlists).

Download Rapier 7.1.1 for manual installation here.

To this update, I have also added a lot more presets to use when creating custom categories and submenus. You now have the ability to choose add-ons from the presets dialog and also paths directly. This applies to the Music, Videos, Programs and Pictures sections.

EDIT: This fix will be included for custom categories and submenus in the next update both for Gotham and Helix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem when adding custom categories0