OpenELEC build clear case
Built this a little while back but heres a pic of my living room XBMC media center. Boots OpenELEC off SD card in about 30 seconds.

Hardware includes MSI LGA1155 mini-ITX mainboard, 2.5GHz Celeron G540, and 4GB of Crucial Ballistix memory. Uses a 120W picoPSU with a 19v 7A laptop power supply.

All media is on my FreeNAS server fed by a simple gigabit network, plays full HD video like a champ using Intels on chip graphics! Its much more robust than XBMC on my Apple TV2 in the bedroom.

Currently Im just finishing setting up my Raspberry Pi which will eventually go into our less used family room. I'll post some pics later.

Thanks OE team, keep up the great work!

That is very cool,..but I don't think my wiring skills would do that case justice.
Do you have leds, such as the case fan? If so,..do you find it a distraction?
(2012-07-26, 16:54)EndeRoo Wrote: ... plays full HD video like a champ using Intels on chip graphics! ...

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for first-hand experience with OE using the Intel Celeron G530/540. It's good to know it works well.

The only LED is the power button/LED. Since I use a USB IR receiver the box actually sits mostly out of site. I think my Directv receiver is way more distracting.

As for the performance, I regularly run 1080p video across a gigabit network from a FreeNAS 8 box with absolutely no lag. The units stability is insane, I will go weeks without a reboot sometimes. When I used to run on a windows based machine I'd seem to always have some OS issue requiring attention. This is definitely big for the family, if there ever is an issue 99.9% of the time power cycling fixes it.

Ive been very happy with OpenELEC since I started using it.
Quote:plays full HD video like a champ using Intels on chip graphics!
IIRC SNB graphics have issues with interlaced content, have you tried this?

Which version of OE?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC build clear case0