yout tube etc etc
Hi

been using XBMC a while and every time i install a new updated version or change
my pc the youtube/vimeo etc add ons work perfectly. trouble is, this only ever lasts
for about 3 weeks and then nothing works

is there an easy explanation for this?

XBMC looks awesome but its these really annoying things that keep cropping up
so im only really uing 70% of what it can do.

thanks in advance for the advice
Most of these add-ons are 3rd party, i.e not part of the XBMC build, so your message is best addressed in the forum for that app.

These streaming apps work at the time of release and are good as long as the 'other side' keeps their servers and links the same. When a web site decides that a 'new' look or different server is needed, all the links go out the window along with your app. Some developers get right on this and fix them up in a timely manner and some of us hardly know anything was amiss, we just get an auto-update. To make this part of XBMC more stable would require reciprocity agreements with all party's concerned (read money) instead of the ad-hock carry-on we have.

It's great XBMC has enough flexibility that you can do things like stream video, play games, weather, TV et on... but it's prime "raison d’etre" is media collections. Make no mistake, I do enjoy all the add-ons and streaming video and see coming and going of various streams as an eye opening but I'm not throwing out the baby to change the bath water.
thanks for the reply and i understand what you are saying.

for that matter the weather on the main menu stopped working ages ago aswell and my intenet connection is fine, in fact its a new connection 75mb down/15.4mb up which is a crazy its like a new world i have entered lol

think i will stick to XBMC just sorting out all my media and use internet for the online streaming

as i downloaded youtube from inside XBMC will it auto update at some point then?

thanx again
I haven't had a issue with Youtube, but I did get an update recently... so I suspect you might need to refresh.(check with the left slide out menu at the first level of add-on settings to see what sort of update notification you're getting) I'll also note a new plugin 'The Best of YouTube' which is pretty entertaining and with your new found bandwidth, evenings will not be the same Smile

Update your weather to Weather Underground, it works well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yout tube etc etc0