Can you save stream data?
this might be an obvious question, but am i able to save a stream to my hdd or pc instead of playing it? i have dial-up and buffering is such a killjoy trying to watch a trailer or music clip.
at least the aple.com trailers you can... theres too buttoms on bottom, "download" that will start playing only when u have 100% of file and the other "save" that i havent tested but may save and keep on hd
if nothing more than to keep this thread alive, i would love to be able to save streams to my hdd. the launchbrowser is great, but i can only safely stream at 300kb/s from here in japan.

my script writing is poor, however i'm pretty good at editing existing scripts, so if someone could even so much as give me a starting point (modules and examples) i could probably work something out.

again, i don't know enough about python or more specifically, xbmc scripts, but i can read the code and pretty much get it. it's the modules and laziness that get me.
wow. my post count got reset. here's another.
i was thinking the same thing... i would love to be able to d/l the music video and other videos from i ifilms and launch... if not able to download where are the files cached...
(buggs187 @ july 25 2005,21:03 Wrote:i was thinking the same thing... i would love to be able to d/l the music video and other videos from i ifilms and launch... if not able to download where are the files cached...
here's what i did, set the xbmc logging level to 0, reset xbox and play the videos you want, then the mms urls will
be in the xbmc.log file, use a mms download tool to
download the files to your pc.
i use mmsclient, dont know if there exist a version for
windows as i use morphos, but there might be similar tools
for windows.
yes there is a tool, it's called sdp. i can't remember where to get it, but i'm sure google can help with that. Wink
not sure that pc software was the solution wanted...
anyway i can talk about flashget, which is a download assistant that can put as files streaming media such as real time internet tv or radio
catohagen-
the problem with the mms files, at least using the launchbrowser, is that launch changes up their urls every so often. a while ago i went through my logs and manually pulled out the urls of the videos i liked and put them together in a playlist that played on startup.

after successful testing, i went to bed knowing that when i turned on my xbox i'd have streams of videos coming in. i was wrong. i don't know how often they change their servers or whatever it is they do, but it seems to be about every 6 hours or so.

anyway, does anybody know a solution to that problem?
cheers.
hi.
thats why you should create a playlist with the videos you like. the playlist does not save the links but it saves some ids which dont change (or very rarely if they do change) and then it can request the new mms link with the ids. as for saving i dont think the feature has been added to save streams to the harddrive. mplayer is capable of it so would be really cool if a function was added that we could call to save the stream to the drive.
yes!! this would be great!

in the launch script, when a video is streamed, it should be downloaded to the xbox hd. when the same video is chosen again, it should play it from the xbox hd instead of streaming it again.. when displaying the videos available through the launch script, perhaps a green dot could precede the video name indicating that the video is already on the xbox hd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you save stream data?0