Can't seem to make custom season thumbs work.
I'm using the XBMC 11 (Eden) stable release, nothing fancy, along with the default Confluence theme. It's a completely clean install. I have all the season thumbnails I'd like to use saved in the folders for my TV shows, like so:

Upon further reading of the Wiki article, I assume this is incorrect (the actual file extension itself should be ".tbn" rather than it just being part of the name) so I changed a folders worth of jpegs so that they look like this:

Despite this change, the season thumbnails I have set up in TV show folders are completely ignored when the shows are scraped. Posters, banners, landscapes, logos and (I assume) clearart are all correctly included, but the season thumbs seem to always be pulled from the TVDB.

Am I formatting these incorrectly and somehow not seeing it? Is there an option I should enable or an entry in advancedsettings.xml that I have to include? Any assistance would be appreciated, as I really don't want to waste time manually setting each individual season image.
You've added the images after the fact... instead of pulling them from the TVDB, which is OK... at the season level using the menu item 'set season thumb' should allow you to drill down and find the corresponding image and set it and you should see the update. Failing this you could delete all the .nfo and images (do a system cleanup) and just re-scrape the whole folder an all should be right.

I did a little experiment with the latest futurama season 7 folder image which also was missing it's image.

1) I took a all seasons image and put it in named 'test'.jpg and pointed at it... works fine (so name after the fact is not critical)

2) renamed the proper (manually downloaded from the TVdb) season07.tbn, and did a refresh.... no change.

3) re-scraped the whole series.... no change the proper season poster was not in place, so it still remembers 'test'.jpg

4) At the season level... hitting the 'set season thumb', now produces..a list of 'local' (test.jpg) and a remote selection. Choosing the correct image it re-downloads it...

You might say this is a bug... I'd call it a quirk, one of many..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seem to make custom season thumbs work.0