Linux ERROR: WebServer: Failed to start the webserver
Hello

I installed xbmc on a fresh ubuntu 12.04 server, all is good with the one exception that i can not start the webserver, everytime i try i am getting an error, xbmc.log says:

ERROR: WebServer: Failed to start the webserver
same goes for the remote communication server

any advice? or any hints where i can find a more helpful error message?

-dan
(2012-07-27, 02:18)dandandandan Wrote: any advice? or any hints where i can find a more helpful error message?
Sure, you can enable debugging in XBMC and then restart it so the errors recur and are captured in your debug log (wiki). Examine your debug log (wiki) to see why the servers weren't able to start. It's possible you may have to change the XBMC webserver port (via System > Settings > Network) if the current value conflicts with some other device on your network (e.g., a NAS).
Thank you, fixed
(2012-08-02, 02:17)dandandandan Wrote: Thank you, fixed
That's great! Do you mind sharing how you fixed it so that future readers of this thread can benefit? Also, can you please update the thread title and add "(SOLVED)" to it? Thanks.
Registered just to say this: just change your port to something else and you'll be able to turn the option on Smile
Yes oddly - Simply changing XBMC webserver port #, then reenabling webserver worked immediately for me too on Win7>Kodi Gotham... Big Grin
Hello guys. I'm new to the forum and Kodi really. I need a little help with this error. I have tried changing my port number in Kodi to 80 and also 8090 but I'm still getting this error and also common cache error. My log file is below. I thank you in advance.

http://xbmclogs.com/pmghku64z/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: WebServer: Failed to start the webserver0