My HTPC setup, this far...
(2012-07-27, 20:10)DavidT99 Wrote: You can often get higher speed memory cheaper than lower speed memory so keep a lookout for offers. Did you look at the Intel options for you CPU and motherboard?

David

I did look into the intel options. Actually I did quite a bit of research before chose each component. And with what I've read the A8 and A6 is great value for money. I mainly choose the A-serie because i wanted to give this new APU a chance and the reviews I've read have been good. One of the reasons I chose the A8 was that I wanted the high end prosessor and for insurance that this system will hold for a few years without to much modding.

But if you posess more information about Intel system HTPCs David I would be glad to hear some of the qualities it brings that the A-series from AMD doesn't.
(2012-07-27, 19:08)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Sounds great. Please come back and post pictures, etc. when you're building your HTPC.

I'll probably order the parts in August, as some of the parts I've chosen are out of stock from the site I've chosen. I'll be sure to take some pictures and give you an update when the time comes. Thanks
(2012-07-27, 20:44)assassin Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 20:10)DavidT99 Wrote: You can often get higher speed memory cheaper than lower speed memory so keep a lookout for offers. Did you look at the Intel options for you CPU and motherboard?

David

Nevermind.

Go on you know you want to, you're the Intel guru.......Smile

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My HTPC setup, this far...0