Question about wii and xbmc
Ive seen some people with wii games in xbmc
My question now is:

I got a wii setup at home with an external hdd with games on it.
How is the setup with wii games and xbmc
You still need the wii hardware? Wii remotes? Where. Are the games installed etc etc?
Anyone?
Wii can't run XBMC, but computers that can run XBMC can run the Wii emulator called Dolphin. Wii remotes can then be used by connecting to the PC via bluetooth.
So they use xbmc + emulator and the remotes only? So no wii box?and they can run all games too? Even with balance board? I thought wii ws using IR? Instead of blutooth?
Listen here skank, wii controllers connect through bluetooth but use an ir sensor and 2 led lights to triangulate the pointers position on the tv. Any skank with a 3.5 gigahurts quadcore processor and beefy graphics chip can run dolphin and connect the controler via blutooth. You will need one of the battery powered sensor bars on your monitor so you dont have to have a wii next to your computer. If your feeling really skanky, you could check out wii's own media player called wiimc. Its alright for sd stuff, but not nearly as full featured as xbmc. i hope that helps.
(2012-07-27, 15:17)calev Wrote: Listen here skank,
I just fell of my chair laughing Big Grin
Thanks.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-27, 15:17)calev Wrote: Listen here skank, wii controllers connect through bluetooth but use an ir sensor and 2 led lights to triangulate the pointers position on the tv. Any skank with a 3.5 gigahurts quadcore processor and beefy graphics chip can run dolphin and connect the controler via blutooth. You will need one of the battery powered sensor bars on your monitor so you dont have to have a wii next to your computer. If your feeling really skanky, you could check out wii's own media player called wiimc. Its alright for sd stuff, but not nearly as full featured as xbmc. i hope that helps.

i dont think im with you

So i need xbmc + dolphin emulator, the controllers i have now, + a special sensor bar witch is connected to the xbmc machine then?

Then i can get rid of the wii hardware + its own sensor bar right?

(2012-07-28, 13:29)Skank Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 15:17)calev Wrote: Listen here skank, wii controllers connect through bluetooth but use an ir sensor and 2 led lights to triangulate the pointers position on the tv. Any skank with a 3.5 gigahurts quadcore processor and beefy graphics chip can run dolphin and connect the controler via blutooth. You will need one of the battery powered sensor bars on your monitor so you dont have to have a wii next to your computer. If your feeling really skanky, you could check out wii's own media player called wiimc. Its alright for sd stuff, but not nearly as full featured as xbmc. i hope that helps.

i dont think im with you

So i need xbmc + dolphin emulator, the controllers i have now, + a special sensor bar witch is connected to the xbmc machine then?

Then i can get rid of the wii hardware + its own sensor bar right?

I am new to Dolphin Emu (the wii emulator) but I have been working with it lately and here are my observations:

yes you can use just the PC Hardware however there are a few quirks, as is common with an emulator. You have to watch your remotes, as the emulator will not send a command to the remotes to power them down, so you have to do so manually. When you do this the Bluetooth connection to the remotes is lost and you must manually establish the connection again before using the wii remotes. A possible work arounds for this include rechargable wiimotes sitting on a charger when not in use.

A wireless Wii Sensor Bar eats through batteries fairly rapidly with continuous gaming. You can look into hacking a wired bar for use with a computer, have seen a few guides, or have some rechargable batteries and a charger handy.

You will still need your modded Wii hardware to archive your disks, as dvd drives for computers that can read those disks are all ancient LG versions and hard to come by now

There are a few people on the forums that are way more knowledgable on Dolphin than I am, and I hope they will chime in, and even post some config details **HINT**

Hope this helps
Hello I use Dolphin on the PC and works fine, The limitations are the ones already described you have to connect the remotes manually in my case I just have to old 1 and 2 at the same time and he connects but to disconnect either you turn off the BT or disconnect the wii remotes manually. For me that is not a big problem.

Some games have minor bugs in graphics the most annoying I found until now is the Captain America one the sound of characters is really off totally off sync either it speeds up or slows down rarely is in sync. In normal game play sound is ok tried to solve it making some adjustments on the emulator but no go also saw a video on youtube with the same problems i'm guessing its not solvable.

Either way its the best emulator I've seen you can play the games just fine has some bugs but its normal and you can have a wii for the price of a wii remote/nunchuck and sensor bar.

For the sensor bar if you do not want to use the wireless one which drain the batteries fast you can buy a regular bar and modify it. USB sensor bars are also available on ebay but very costly. A regular sensor bar costs just a few euros at least mine did you buy a usb plug at an electronics shop and solder the wires on it. It's pretty simple only 2 wires. The sensor bar only requires the power pins of the USB protocol the other 2 pins (data) are not used so you can plug it at your PC or any other device that has USB ports

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about wii and xbmc0