Visualisation plugin API for XBMC
a little update.. i added support for swizzled texture formats now.
there's some problems tho. for example creating vertex buffers on xbox requires a lot less parameters than on pc, and it's quite hard to guess the right values from the exported functions.
also d3d on xbox doesn't require unlocking of e.g. textures so i have to keep track of that myself as well.
but, at least i can run my own vis now, without needing to recompile anything Smile

think i just creamed my pants here Blush
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i dont wear pants so im in a right mess Blush
just wanted to let u guys know my little project is not dead Wink

here's some new screenshots:
http://gallery.volvo240.org/v/misc/xbmcvis/

:bowdown:
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i was wondering about something... if i want to release this thing later on, do i *need* to release the sources as well? because that might be a problem.

for legal stuff with the xdk it shouldn't be a problem, the thing would theoretically be able to compile just fine even without the xdk i guess. but i was thinking are there any requirements for xbmc?

problem is that not all of the sources are mine, i took some stuff from the company i work for and needless to say that's not allowed to go public. and i don't exactly feel like rewriting those things either Smile
(snq @ oct. 23 2005,15:09 Wrote:i was wondering about something... if i want to release this thing later on,
Shocked let's hope you'll release the vis - any way it plays out Smile

for stuff to be in cvs, i *think* sourcecode is required. but i'm not an expert on this topic, we just always played it this way

an alternative would be for users to get your .vis separetely i guess.

let's see what gamester17 thinks

i will release it of course, it's just a matter of time Smile
what i could do is have the source partially available, and include the rest as .lib/.h, that shouldn't be a problem i think (for me anyway).
:bowdown: looks amazing!!!

very nice work :kickass:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(pike @ oct. 23 2005,15:57 Wrote:
(snq @ oct. 23 2005,15:09 Wrote:i was wondering about something... if i want to release this thing later on,
Shocked let's hope you'll release the vis - any way it plays out Smile

for stuff to be in cvs, i *think* sourcecode is required. but i'm not an expert on this topic, we just always played it this way

an alternative would be for users to get your .vis separetely i guess.

let's see what gamester17 thinks
no. that we are an opensource project doesn't mean everything has to be opensource.

if the code is unique (not based on another gpled project) it is ok to only have the compiled viz in our cvs and to keep the source unreleased.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
looks like snq doesnt want to finish this.
gallery is gone, he hasnt logged onto these forums since nov 2005, and he refuses to answer my mails. fun guy....

shame he isnt listed in yellow pages, or id call him

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualisation plugin API for XBMC0