Pre-Frodo MySQL and Thumbnails
I am running a Pre-Frodo built of XBMCbuntu from XBMCFreak, and I am a little confused as to how the thumbnails now function with MYSQL. My library currrently has 750+ movies, and I had the thumbnail folder redirected in advancedsettings.xml. Now that Frodo has upgraded my database, how do I get the thumbnails to function properly.

All my movies are on a server share, with each movie in it's own subfolder. That subfolder also contains the thumbnails and fanart images aquired using Ember Media Manager.

Do I need to start from scratch to get the thumbnails working properly?

Sorry, I am sure that this has been asked before... but I could not find the info I needed when I searched.
I'm not sure off hand if you need to start from scratch, but to do that:

Remove the pathsubstitution for thumbnails from advancedsettings.xml and delete the thumbnails.db file (userdata (wiki)/database/Textures13.db) from each XBMC instance. That should make each XBMC instance re-download thumbs, which each having an individual cache, but they use the same URL/image, and are thus in sync. So you have the same thumbs on all of them, but don't have to share thumbnail folders.
(2012-07-28, 04:46)Ned Scott Wrote: That should make each XBMC instance re-download thumbs

OK, so this is the part that really confuses me... how does it know where to redownload the files from? Does it already know that the files are in the folders with the movies, even though database was initially created in Eden?
It goes and finds them again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I do not have a "thumbnailsXX.db" file in the .xbmc/userdata/Database folder.

After removing the pathsubstitution, the thumbnails are not re-downloading, and I am receiving a lot of the following messages:

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/e/e01bdbfd.jpg

***EDIT*** I had a file called "Textures13.db"... I removed that and rebooted, and all the thumbnails appear to have re-downloaded.
It's worth mentioning that, if you had manually selected covers/backdrops for any content from local files, you may need to reselect if you used C:/something instead of a network share. This was the case for me regarding movie sets.
Correct - XBMC had no knowledge of where said files came from.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

oops, yeah, Textures is the right name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Frodo MySQL and Thumbnails0