How do I Change TV Show Status??
My TV show scrapers did an amazing job with one exception : Arrested Development shows up as a returning series. As great as that would be, I know it's not true. I exported my library to separate files and opened the tvshow.nfo with notepad to edit the data manually. I see something like this "<status></status>" but adding "canceled" or anything else there and refreshing in XBMC does nothing (yes I saved it).

Am I doing something wrong? I just want to change the status to Canceled/Ended in XBMC so everything is correct.
If you are using TheTVDB scraper, then you can fix it on thetvdb.com and rescrape. I just updated it here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72173&lid=7

So, if you rescrape it should show up correctly.
Thanks. I thought about changing the info on TVDB, but couldn't figure out how to edit anything besides episode info.
I guess you are not aware, but Arrested Development IS a returning series!!

Here's just one story from today that talks about the first episode of the new season.

Joy for all AD fans!!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
According to that article it's a netflix exclusive? Either way, I can't way wait to check it out.

All this aside, how would I actually change this through the .nfo in case I have to do this again in the future. Like I said, it doesn't seem to change if I add the "<status></status>" info.
I've noticed in all my tvshow.nfos that the status is, as you pointed out, <status></status> with no entries for ended or returning shows. This leads me to believe that that tag would not affect the show info. However, whenever I've had info in question for a particular series - such as next episode date not showing, or nothing in the status field on the info view - i would just rerun the "NextAired" script, and after the scan, all would be fixed.

Yeah, Netflix exclusive - with a movie in the works! I'm looking forward to it!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yeah. I just figured out that NextAired actually updates my TV shows info before I read your reply. I always thought it was pretty useless until I found that out. Gotta get a script that will run NextAired every time I launch XBMC or turn on my HTPC. Thanks.
Easiest way to change entries like this in your library would have to be Add-on:XWMM (wiki). I love that add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I Change TV Show Status??0