Problem with music library scraper with compilation albums
I've been using XBMC v11 Eden on Windows 7 for a few weeks and come upon an unusual problem that had me scratching my head for a while but I think I have it figured out. The music scraper seem to have a bug where it would not scrap the artist picture (folder.jpg) and the fanart background (fanart.jpg) from the artist folder if that artist has a song in a compilation album that got scanned into the library before it gets to the actual artist folder. For example I put all my compilation in a folder called "Compilation". When the music scraper scan my music folder in alphabetical order, all the artist folders before the "compilation" folder have artist thumbnail and fanart that shows up fine. The problem is with artist folders that are list after the "compilation" folder. If the artist has a song in the compilation folder, then the scaper seem to ignore the local artist thumbnail and fanart picture that I have inside that artist folder. By the way, all my compilation albums have "Various Artists" for the MP3 album artist tag. What I ended up doing to work around this problem was separating my compilation source. I added the source that only contained artist folders and scan it to the library and after that is done, I added the source with the compilation folder. After doing this, all the local artist thumbnail and fanart got picked up perfectly. Can anyone else verify this issue?
I am unable to get fanart/thumbs to artists that are only on a compilation cd to. your sollution did not work for me unfortunatly. my compilation CD,s are within a various artist folder.
which music scraper is the best tool? the built in tool, or some plugin? and what database is the best to reference? LastFM or something else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with music library scraper with compilation albums0