TV tuner for win7 build
Can anyone recommend some brands of tv tuner cards that work well with xbmc for livetv and also work well in windows 7 to record and watch tv I want to be able to record two channels at the same time if possible will be going in a new build for someone so need to find out specs needed for this task as well
I used to have this "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q", and it worked great. I sold the HTPC, and I bought an all-in-one HTPC. The all-in-one included very similar HD tv tuner, and the live tv working great with 7MCE.....

I integrated XBMC to 7MCE as I mentioned in post #751......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
What source are you looking to record? Over-The-Air (OTA)? Unencrypted cable (QAM)? Encrypted cable? What tuner to get starts with which of these you want to record.

What country?
(2012-07-27, 19:19)Dougie Fresh Wrote: What source are you looking to record? Over-The-Air (OTA)?
He is looking for a TV tuner for "livetv", which is for OTA.....and that is what my kids recorded all the times too......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Sorry, I guess I should just know somehow that "xbmc for livetv and also work well in windows 7 to record and watch tv" is OTA and stop asking stupid questions.

bluray will be happy to help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV tuner for win7 build0