Videos play fast with no audio
Hey guys, first time poster and very new to the software. By reading up on XBMC on this site, i pretty much figured how to use the program. It is very easy to use. Great program. The issue i am having though, is some videos when i go to play them, have no audio and move fast. Almost like it is being fast forwarded. I checked the fast forward button and audio button and they are fine. I tried other videos, and most of them work perfectly fine. Ther are a few that dont. I tried playing the videos outside the software and the video works fine with audio and picture.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks!
Anyone?
(2012-07-27, 17:45)04rex Wrote: Hey guys, first time poster and very new to the software. By reading up on XBMC on this site, i pretty much figured how to use the program. It is very easy to use. Great program. The issue i am having though, is some videos when i go to play them, have no audio and move fast. Almost like it is being fast forwarded. I checked the fast forward button and audio button and they are fine. I tried other videos, and most of them work perfectly fine. Ther are a few that dont. I tried playing the videos outside the software and the video works fine with audio and picture.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks!

need more info
platform? type of files? version of xbmc? are files local or on NAS/server
The more info you provide will result in a better understanding of how to solve the problem

Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Thanks for the reply. I am running a Windows 7 setup, the files were AVCHD and i think AVI, newset version of XBMC (Eden) with the HD audio pack installed, all movies on the same harddrive as operating system and XBMC.

It is weird, some files play fine, well actually most files play fine. It is only a few that dont.
Ant help is appreciated
We'll need a log file that covers the time span these videos are being played.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
What are your hardware's?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hey, i am using an i3 laptop, with intel graphics and Nvidia graphiics, 4gb of ram. Any other info needed??
Yes.

We need a log file that can be found here:
C:\Users\COMPUTER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

1) Enable debug logging (In Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting Enable debug logging.)
1) Play a video with an error.
2) close XBMC
3) Open the log and post the content of the log to http://pastebin.com/
4) Post the link to your pastebin file here.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos play fast with no audio0