Win Zotac AD02 and Netflix 1080p
Hi all.

I have a Zotac Zbox AD02, it runs Win7 Pro 64bit, has 8gb of RAM and an SSD. It runs XBMC. Happy days.

I've recently signed up with Netflix and am infuriated by their choice of streaming platform. Does anyone like Silverlight?

I notice that on this thread about groups that AD02 is listed as being able to serve group 6. A group 6 requirement is to play Netflix 1080p.

I can't get this to work, and have been blaming Silverlight for not hardware accelerating VC-1 and Netflix for not using h.264. That is until reading that thread, if it's been suggested that the AD02 should be able to handle this then it's got me thinking about my setup. Have I got something badly configured?

Typically what I see is CPU useage spike, and then a rapid drifting of AV sync.

So.. who has Netflix HD working on an E-350 and how?
@arclife,
If you are not aware of it, the latest Silverlight never work properly with hardware acceleration. You have to go into your Netflix to adjust the streaming quality to medium. Since I adjusted, it work flawless on my E350 APU.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
As I understand it, it works with h.264 but not VC-1 (which Netflix uses).. which is odd as VC-1 is MS' doing!

I'll try dropping the quality down to medium, but if that is what needs to be done to make it work then it suggests that the platform isn't really capable of Netflix 1080p, and so shouldn't be listed as group 6 device.
I've been in and looked at the quality settings, by dropping it to medium then I've lost the options for HD.

Which comes back to the original issue; Netflix HD 1080p doesn't work on an E350!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac AD02 and Netflix 1080p0