1080p Playback Issues with Zotac Boxes
I just logged in to say thanks "bluray"!

I'll remember to do this when I get my ID82. It's replacing my Revo3610 in the kitchen. We use Windows7 because it's also used as a general surfer, Skype, and my wife needs IE for mlxchange, she's a realtor.

Question: my Revo3610 has lag when navigating through xbmc and general surfing on any browser within W7 (at one time I had an SSD and clean install of W7, no bloatware, nothing installed and the browsing was the same); is the navigation/surfing quick and fluid on an ID82?

(2012-09-09, 15:39)Ancaster Wrote: ... is the navigation/surfing quick and fluid on an ID82?

Anyone with an ID82 that can comment?
Thanks
(2012-09-15, 06:31)Ancaster Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 15:39)Ancaster Wrote: ... is the navigation/surfing quick and fluid on an ID82?

Anyone with an ID82 that can comment?
Thanks

I find my ID82 very responsive while surfing. I quite enjoy the unit
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
^^ Thx so much for replying.

My buddy runs a Mac mini as his htpc and his browsing/XBMC navigation is lightning fast, whereas on my Revo3610 there is an annoying momentary lag.
I do not experience this lag with with my 2012 MBA or the PC I built, both with better specs than the Revo of course.

dmacpher, do you have another reference PC/Mac at home to compare to?
(2012-09-15, 17:22)Ancaster Wrote: ^^ Thx so much for replying.

My buddy runs a Mac mini as his htpc and his browsing/XBMC navigation is lightning fast, whereas on my Revo3610 there is an annoying momentary lag.
I do not experience this lag with with my 2012 MBA or the PC I built, both with better specs than the Revo of course.

dmacpher, do you have another reference PC/Mac at home to compare to?

No, sorry, I don't. I'm only running XBMC on the ID82.

Dave
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
@dmacpher: I am curious which audio drivers you use, because i have the same problems which you had.
@dmacpher: I too have problems with playing Bluray ISO files on my Zotac ID82 (W7-64b, 8Gb Memory). It plays very slowly and stutter. I wonder how exactly is your configuration and setup in your PC and XBMC.
I'm pretty sure I know what the stuttering, choppy playback issue is for you. It's that AVC garbage. AVC and AAC in combination are horrid and have only come about because people in the PS3 and XBOX360 scenes love that crapola. I had the exact same issues you were reporting with every one of these files until I started reencoding them myself using Mp42Mkvac3 which is awesome. It'll convert all that AVC and AAC garbage to .mkv and AC3 dolby digital audio. Works flawlessly and no more stuttering or choppy playback on my Zotac Mag.

Just to check, you do have the video acceleration enabled in XBMC, correct? There's a specific video setting that must be enable for Zotac Mags with the Ion setup. I didn't know what it was and all my 1080p stuff was horrid until my friend mentioned I should check and see if it was enabled. Once I did that I was gold.

Avoid XBMC Windows version 12.3, it's horrid. 12.2 was super smooth without any issues and 12.3 just completely messes up the audio formats. Nothing but problems with 12.3 so far. Going back to 12.2 ASAP.
(2014-01-24, 04:36)jrio69 Wrote: I'm pretty sure I know what the stuttering, choppy playback issue is for you. It's that AVC garbage. AVC and AAC in combination are horrid and have only come about because people in the PS3 and XBOX360 scenes love that crapola. I had the exact same issues you were reporting with every one of these files until I started reencoding them myself using Mp42Mkvac3 which is awesome. It'll convert all that AVC and AAC garbage to .mkv and AC3 dolby digital audio. Works flawlessly and no more stuttering or choppy playback on my Zotac Mag.

Just to check, you do have the video acceleration enabled in XBMC, correct? There's a specific video setting that must be enable for Zotac Mags with the Ion setup. I didn't know what it was and all my 1080p stuff was horrid until my friend mentioned I should check and see if it was enabled. Once I did that I was gold.

Avoid XBMC Windows version 12.3, it's horrid. 12.2 was super smooth without any issues and 12.3 just completely messes up the audio formats. Nothing but problems with 12.3 so far. Going back to 12.2 ASAP.

AVC? Are you talking about H.264? That's the standard video codec that just about everyone uses. Protip, "MKV" isn't a codec. Same with AAC. I don't think I've ever found any XBMC box that couldn't play H.264 video with AAC audio.

Anyway, to everyone else, don't listen to this guy about XBMC v12.3. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.
Make sure you tell the multitudes on the forum complaining about 12.3 as well.

Just fyi genius? AVC is not MKV. It's a different wrapper for MP4 encodes. All the AVC + AAC encodes came about because all the kids wanted MP4 compatibility for their 360's and PS3's. Anyone who has a home theater and knows anything at all about codecs and encoding knows that MKV is king. Move along and troll someone else.
First of all: Whenever you report a post, a mail is sent to all moderators.

In effect this caused me to get off the couch and look what was reported. Thanks for wasting my time. Please do not report posts like the one you just reported just because you don't like being corrected. I don;t see any trolling there - I do however see some bad attitude in your other posts, in which you resurrected a 9 month old thread.

I suggest you take a look at the Forum Rules.
(2014-01-25, 02:41)jrio69 Wrote: Make sure you tell the multitudes on the forum complaining about 12.3 as well.

Just fyi genius? AVC is not MKV. It's a different wrapper for MP4 encodes. All the AVC + AAC encodes came about because all the kids wanted MP4 compatibility for their 360's and PS3's. Anyone who has a home theater and knows anything at all about codecs and encoding knows that MKV is king. Move along and troll someone else.
No genius, AVC is h.264 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

No one said avc=mkv.

Get some manners, grow up, or go away.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-25, 02:41)jrio69 Wrote: Make sure you tell the multitudes on the forum complaining about 12.3 as well.

This has to be a troll.
(2014-01-25, 22:53)Ned Scott Wrote:

This has to be a troll.

And dammit I fed him.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's hard to say. Sometimes people really believe stuff like that to be true :\

Won't someone think of the children!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p Playback Issues with Zotac Boxes0