What do you think of this htpc ??
In my research for building my first htpc ,I came across this on the local used market and was wondering what the
experts would think about it..

This is what the ad says:

"The computer has both Windows 7 and Apple’s OS X Snow Leopard installed. Each operating system is installed on its own 60 GB SSD. The SSD’s are both super fast ( 400 + read/ write speed) and make the computer very responsive. There is also a 2 terabyte hard drive where movies, music and files can be stored and accessed from either operating system. The computer is in a small case, which would make for an excellent HTPC.

Specifications:
Case Dimensions: 11” x 9” x 7” (Silverstone SG05B case)
Processor: 3.06 Ghz dual core Intel i3
mobo is a Gigabyte H55n-usb3
Hard Drive: 2 60Gb SSD (one for each operating system) and a 2 terabyte HDD
RAM: 8 GB of DDR3 RAM
Graphics: GeForce GT-240 with 1 Gb of DDR5 VRAM

Ports include:
Video out: 2 HDMI, 2 DVI, 2 VGA
USB: 6 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, eSATA
Audio: (various 3.5mm), SPDIF out"

I'm not sure how old the system is and the asking price is $750
I don't really have any need for both operating systems but it does sound interesting...

What do you think ??

You could build a new system much cheaper and it would not be two generations old. Not that Clarkdale (first gen i3) is bad, but the 2nd and 3rd gen Intel chips are less expensive, faster, have better graphics, use less power, etc., etc., etc....
I have almost that exact system. It probably cost $750 to build it but its not worth it now. However it is a very powerful system and capable of anything your want but like Dougie pointed out you would be better to look at new parts for that price

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you think of this htpc ??0