Linux MITX Fanless which allows resume from USB IR?
I've got myself a Asus AT5IONT-I board which I'm building up as my HTPC having using a much more powerful i3 system for ages, I had hoped to move to something a bit less powerful.

Overall I'm happy with the AT5IONT-I except I can't for the life of me get it to resume from a USB IR. Its looks like the USB ports are just dead when its suspended as I can hit the power button on the remote to suspend it but on trying to wake up again I get no LED on the IR receiving so I can only presume its not getting any power. I'm not sure what exactly the S3 spec book is for resumable support etc but its looking like its just not going to happen with this board which is a shame Smile WOL works fine too which is ok for the time being but I like to use the remote rather then getting out the iPad every time.

Moving forward can anyone recommend me a similar specification board (low power will run from Pico 90w, will do 1080p mkv playback, allows resume from USB IR and must be MITX)

thanks
I honestly am not familiar with that particular motherboard - but sometimes mb's will leave one USB port powered on while shutting down the rest. I would try it out with the other external USB ports, and any internal ones as well. Or, check the manual - they normally mention features like that.
I did a little testing again this morning and I'm ashamed to say I missed a jumper settings which allows USB devices to wake up the machine doh!!

Although I see this looks to be working, now on suspending the machine via the remote it instantly just bounces back to life without any remote pressing.

Anyone see this behaviour before?
Just managed to sort this. For reference in case anyone sees similar issues by basic fix included:

adding the following to the rc.local flle

Code:
echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB1" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB2" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB3" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "enabled" > /sys/bus/usb/devices/4-1/power/wakeup

To find what device my usb IR was on I did:

Code:
media@MediaPC:~$ dmesg |grep mceusb
[    4.829916] mceusb 4-1:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb4:2

The first bit 4-1:1.0 is what I put into the /sys/bus.... line above

I'm using the internal 5&6 USB header in this motherboard so I've had to change a jumped just down about an inch from the internal USB5&6 to 2-3 to allow wake on USB from these USB ports.

Hope that helps someone down the line.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MITX Fanless which allows resume from USB IR?0