Precaching video on streaming
Hello everybody sorry for my improve English because I'am an Argentinian Programmer and speek and write so so.I have a few ideas to share and improve xbmc software on Apple TV, AppleTV 2 and new Apple TV3.
Recently I buy and Apple TV3 and I discovered that it has a precache feature to view via streaming video on internal 8GB memory and that was cool cause my Wifi network via wifi n and with interference is too low to streaming a 8GB video in FULL HD.
I discovered this software to use on jailbreak Apple TV or Apple TV 2 and I didn't see if this software has this feature I mention.
So in a jailbreak Apple TV is so easy access to the main memory on Apple TV and used to set a precache video to see this with out a lag.
If everyone understand my ugly English please answer me if this feature allready exist or its a good idea to programing this.
Thanks Everyone regards.

GavilanHand
Use the time you want to invest in developing this to go to your local shop and buy an Ethernet cable and a switch if needed. Problem solved. And as a bonus you don't have to wait 40m to watch a movie.
(2012-07-28, 04:42)spiff Wrote: Use the time you want to invest in developing this to go to your local shop and buy an Ethernet cable and a switch if needed. Problem solved. And as a bonus you don't have to wait 40m to watch a movie.

Hello spiff, it is too hard your response, I know and I thought that idea, but the problem is that I wan't to use the Apple TV with the prechache feature in the xbmc software that it isn't a crazy idea.
I am and open source programmer and I think that share its cools for everyone so the idea that I proposed is helpfull for everyone put our support to improve and have have a best software to xbmc.
sure if this scratch your itch..just pointing out wifi will always be painful and totally useless for media streaming imho. and that there is a plain simple effective fix.
As and end user, I can see some benefit of this addition. There are a couple of rooms in my house that it would be a real pain to run ethernet cables through the walls.... so wireless is my best option. The same could be said for someone who is renting a house/apartment and cannot run cabling....
Another alternative is to use Homeplug technology (www.homeplug.org/home/) which allows you to run ethernet over your house powerlines... I use this in my house and I am able to successfully watch HD content on my ATV2s without any hiccups...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Precaching video on streaming0