Set default menu refresh rate + Sound outside XBMC
Sad 
Hello there,
ive set up an XBMC on my HTPC with ubuntu 12.04 minimal for watching TV with live plugin. That works, but besides the very poor functionality of live plugin i have some very annoying "configuration bugs"!

First, the menu refresh rate is always set to 60 hz when i start the system. All my video-material is in 50/24Hz, so the screen has to switch frequency ALWAYS. My TV needs ~5 seconds black-screen for that. Very annoying.
Ive set refresh-rate to 50hz in system-video-configuration a million times now, ive even tried to set it as fallback refreshrate in advancedsettings.xml, no success. After a reboot, the frequency is 60Hz. Any suggestions?

Second: iam using application launcher to start firefox from xbmc. Unfortunately all playing media (audio/video) ist stopped immediately when i press the firefox menu entry. That would be ok, if the sound was working in firefox, but it doesnt. What to do here? XBMC should either continue playback, or sound should work in firefox. At best both Wink

Thank you for some help.
Your screen is probably in 60Hz mode by default. And tells XBMC to be in 60Hz. Can you change that in the tv or in the video card settings?

Or in XBMC go to:
Settings -> video -> playback

And play with the following settings:

-Adjust display refresh rate to match video.
-Sync playback to display (video clock).

And you could consider making a settings file "read only" so nothing can change the settings.
But thats not a real solution.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
My TV has no default setting, other programs/OS use 50hz. My system settings default to 50hz. And i want refresh rate sync, because i want a good video quality. What i not want is a menu refresh frequency that is different to everything i show in any case.
Change it to 50 in Ubuntu.
(2012-07-28, 12:41)LukasW Wrote: Hello there,
ive set up an XBMC on my HTPC with ubuntu 12.04 minimal for watching TV with live plugin. That works, but besides the very poor functionality of live plugin i have some very annoying "configuration bugs"!

First, the menu refresh rate is always set to 60 hz when i start the system. All my video-material is in 50/24Hz, so the screen has to switch frequency ALWAYS. My TV needs ~5 seconds black-screen for that. Very annoying.
Ive set refresh-rate to 50hz in system-video-configuration a million times now, ive even tried to set it as fallback refreshrate in advancedsettings.xml, no success. After a reboot, the frequency is 60Hz. Any suggestions?

Second: iam using application launcher to start firefox from xbmc. Unfortunately all playing media (audio/video) ist stopped immediately when i press the firefox menu entry. That would be ok, if the sound was working in firefox, but it doesnt. What to do here? XBMC should either continue playback, or sound should work in firefox. At best both Wink

Thank you for some help.
Into advanced launcher there is an option to define the action on the xbmc playing media when you start an external application (let play, stop or pause). This option is set by default to stop.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set default menu refresh rate + Sound outside XBMC0