Issue with XBMC win7
Hi,

New to the forums, have been considering doing a XBMC install for a while and finally got around to it.

The problems that i am having are that when i am playing the video the audio and video aren't synced and the video seems to stutter.

I also have XBMC set up as a "Custom User Interface" though group policy editor and when i boot into XBMC i have to alt-tab before i am able to enter commands.

The PC is running 32bit Win7, and it has a Nvidia 8600GS video card. Also, the video files that i am playing are hosted on a different pc, however i have gigabit networking throughout the house, so i don't image the network is causing the stuttering issue.

Hope someone has an idea of what is going wrong,

Thanks,

Tim
Hit the keyboard 'o' command while playing a problem video (a nice juicy 1080p at high bit rate is best) and see what kind of issues with the CPU, GPU fps etc... if it looks like you're having buffering and frame drops, revisit your statement " i don't image the network is causing the stuttering issue"

I have no idea what this is "XBMC set up as a "Custom User Interface" though group policy editor" you'll need to educate me.
Thanks, i'm doing a reinstall today so if i have the same problem tonight i'll try that.

Custom User Interface makes win7 boot straight into XBMC for the chosen user, it's one of the features of the higher level win7 releases.

It is mentioned on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_a_shell)

Thankyou for your help,

Tim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with XBMC win70