Nightly (07-28) Newly added movies don't show up in Rently Added
Platform: Apple TV2
Version of iOS: 4.3
Build: xbmc-20120728-15a507f-master-atv2.deb

With the latest nightlies running, when I add a movie (last example Bridget Jones Diary (2001) (don't ask GF request) it scans into the database fine, shows up in my movie list, but does not show up as one of the thumbnails on the recently added Movies screen, and does not show up if you go to the Recently Added sub-menu list.

TV Shows, don't have this problem, seems to works fine.

Also I've noticed the few movies that are on the recently added list (when going via the sub-menu) are ordered wrong (not alphabetically) and also miss the just added movie there

did I miss a bug report and/or is this still working in progress ?

Thanks

P.S.
Yes I can post logs if needed, but I didn't see the point as the movie is added to the database fine
While looking into this, I came across this:

FUTURE FRODO FEATURE:

<dateadded>2</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
</videolibrary>

So two things, 1, could this have something to do with my bug above ?

and 2, why are we making mtime/ctime the default for Frodo,??
from my point of view, clearly the dateadded should be the actual date/time when you are adding the file to the database, not the last time the file was edited (either the file or the chmod etc.) as that can be last year.
Yeah I know I can change it using the above setting, fine, but I currently don't see the logic in having something default which will create a "dataadded" database entry with possibly the wrong date/time.

It could be that my understanding of date added is wrong, but somebody enlighten me then Smile

I'd like to have a look at that, where did you grab that info from Jester?

I'm at work all night, but I'll have a look at recently added tomorrow if I get a chance. Most likely just a database change that needs updating in the recently added script.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127343
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-29, 12:27)Cranial Wrote: I'd like to have a look at that, where did you grab that info from Jester?

I'm at work all night, but I'll have a look at recently added tomorrow if I get a chance. Most likely just a database change that needs updating in the recently added script.

Info here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E

But I don't want this thread to become a dateadded discussion, rather look at the issue of new movies not showing up Wink

So, I read through some stuff (thanks Martijn) is seems there is either logic missing or a bug .

if you create a new folder (so today's date/time) and put a new movie (new is relative, it's not in your database, but can be a movie from say 2001) in the folder, with a mtime/ctime of say 2009 it will not show up in recently added, which is wrong as it is recently added (just now, today) but the due to mtime/ctime is will not show up, so it's missing a check to see if the file is in the database, if not/new then it needs to be added to the recently added list which it currently isn't doing

Also montellese statement he made here and copied below explains why it works fine for tv shows:

Quote:It didn't make it into Eden but it will be available in the next release by default: ea3835e1c14f530b15cb. Thse changes use the video files modification date (or in case of tvshows the directories creation date) and stores that into a field named dateAdded in the database. That field is then used for sorting by Date Added and for things like Recently Added etc.
(2012-07-29, 15:24)Jester Wrote: Info here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E

But I don't want this thread to become a dateadded discussion, rather look at the issue of new movies not showing up Wink

So, I read through some stuff (thanks Martijn) is seems there is either logic missing or a bug .

if you create a new folder (so today's date/time) and put a new movie (new is relative, it's not in your database, but can be a movie from say 2001) in the folder, with a mtime/ctime of say 2009 it will not show up in recently added, which is wrong as it is recently added (just now, today) but the due to mtime/ctime is will not show up, so it's missing a check to see if the file is in the database, if not/new then it needs to be added to the recently added list which it currently isn't doing

Also montellese statement he made here and copied below explains why it works fine for tv shows:

Quote:It didn't make it into Eden but it will be available in the next release by default: ea3835e1c14f530b15cb. Thse changes use the video files modification date (or in case of tvshows the directories creation date) and stores that into a field named dateAdded in the database. That field is then used for sorting by Date Added and for things like Recently Added etc.

Thanks for the info Jester, I'll check it out.

As for the TV working... as stated by Memphiz here

Quote:You can't use the folder date. We (devs) already discussed this on IRC. Whenever something in a folder changes the date of the folder gets altered. So just exporting your metadata into the movie folder would change the order they would appear in "recently added".

So, yes, the TV works, when you first add it, but I believe if you export your library and re-add, this will change the folder 'dates' to the time of export, so in the current method of re-adding to the library your recently added list will only be in order of import, you lose the order you previously had. If you use folder dates, you'd have a recently added list populated in the order that the library was exported.

I know this isn't an answer to the problem at hand, but I thought i'd add the info as it at least gives a direction to head away from in search of the answer. It's late here, I do hope this makes some sense....

@ Memphiz,

should I trac ticket this one?
what exactly?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-31, 22:08)Memphiz Wrote: what exactly?

The issue of new added movies not showing up in recently added (due to the fact that the ctime/mtime can be older when you first add it and thats probably why it doesn't show up) so an extra check is needed to see if the movie it's scanning is already in the database or not and then add it to recently added list.

@Memphiz

maybe a bit more clear then the post above.

(2012-07-29, 15:24)Jester Wrote: So, I read through some stuff (thanks Martijn) is seems there is either logic missing or a bug .

You should bring this to the developmentthread of this feature so that Montellese (who did work on that) has a chance to give hints. Imho it exactly does what all the users who made this feature happen demanded.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-08-01, 09:37)Memphiz Wrote: You should bring this to the developmentthread of this feature so that Montellese (who did work on that) has a chance to give hints. Imho it exactly does what all the users who made this feature happen demanded.

I read through the PR etc. (i'll look for the forum thread) but I agree with the concept, I re-scan my database lots then playing around (as you stated in the PR lots of dev's will be happy) the only issue/bug is when you add a new movie but an older one (say 2009) (that's not yet in your database) but due to the fact that it's has an older ctime/mtime it never gets added to the recently added list.

so the only way to add an 2009 movie and have it show up in recently added lists is to change its ctime/mtime which can be a pain for users (no touch on win32 for example)

EDIT:
Coulnd't find a dev thread, did find a feature thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1159807
yep thats the thread i ment ... wasn't aware it was in the feature forum.
The current implementation from Montellese is perfect.

I'm not sure where/why there is confusion? The issue you are referring to (with respect to the 2009 movie) is not actually a 'normal' use case either... In that event, the user must have had a movie sitting on their PC, add some/many newer movies to their PC (i.e. create new file, could be a 2007 movie), THEN decide to add the 2009 movie to XBMC.

In reality, the users will 99% of the time obtain a movie (i.e. cdate/mdate is 'now') and add that to XBMC. This change also has benefit of allowing the devs and users a means to always have a consistent 'looking' order of movies, even if they blow the db away. The first time the users need to blow away a DB, they'll be happy for the cdate/mdate method.

Finally, if that 1% really wants the date of movie added to LIBRARY to be used for ordering, then the value of the dateadded parameter simply has to be set to 0, and the 'old' behaviour will continue...

<dateadded>2</dateadded>
<!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
</videolibrary>

(2012-08-01, 21:25)edrikk Wrote: The current implementation from Montellese is perfect.

I'm not sure where/why there is confusion? The issue you are referring to (with respect to the 2009 movie) is not actually a 'normal' use case either... In that event, the user must have had a movie sitting on their PC, add some/many newer movies to their PC (i.e. create new file, could be a 2007 movie), THEN decide to add the 2009 movie to XBMC.

In reality, the users will 99% of the time obtain a movie (i.e. cdate/mdate is 'now') and add that to XBMC. This change also has benefit of allowing the devs and users a means to always have a consistent 'looking' order of movies, even if they blow the db away. The first time the users need to blow away a DB, they'll be happy for the cdate/mdate method.

Finally, if that 1% really wants the date of movie added to LIBRARY to be used for ordering, then the value of the dateadded parameter simply has to be set to 0, and the 'old' behaviour will continue...

<dateadded>2</dateadded>
<!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
</videolibrary>

uhhh, we know all that already....

trust me there are other way to end up with a file with an older ctime/mtime, hints, nas, sickbeard and thats not 1% of the users.

anyway, to quote memphiz, lets see who/how much cries/thread will happen.

(2012-08-02, 09:03)Jester Wrote: uhhh, we know all that already....

trust me there are other way to end up with a file with an older ctime/mtime, hints, nas, sickbeard and thats not 1% of the users.

anyway, to quote memphiz, lets see who/how much cries/thread will happen.

Jester, I'm a sickbeard user, but as yet, this problem hasn't hit me. To be honest, I haven't been home long enough lately to check if my latest nightly update / latest movie coincide to see the problem first hand. But if it does, I will throw my hat in the ring.

Just to be sure, have you made certain you rar's aren't unpacking with the create date instead if the unpack date? This is a default in SABnzbd. I prefer setting the files with the unpack date as, well, that makes sense for when I have the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly (07-28) Newly added movies don't show up in Rently Added0