video plugins apps for ATV2
Just having a moment and thought to myself,

Wouldn't it be great to have a cut down version of xbmc which would run natively on atv which would just be say, the video plugins part of xbmc, nothing else to allow for streaming of internet content quickly instead of having to load the whole xbmc virtual os up.

I'm no way a programmer, not any more since my days of Cobol programming back in the dark ages lol, but surely it would not take much to develop such an stand alone app for atv2 ?

Thoughts please Smile
No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There is no virtual OS...

My ATV2 plays streaming content quickly with XBMC, so no idea what you are going off about.
(2012-07-29, 13:08)Ned Scott Wrote: There is no virtual OS...

My ATV2 plays streaming content quickly with XBMC, so no idea what you are going off about.

My idea was simply an app for atv that would connect to and play the streams available within xbmc with out havnig to load the entire xbmc interface. basically a cut down version of xbmc that was just say thet vide plugin side of it.

no drama's though, i guess i can customise my xbmc installation to diasable all but the video plugin part.

thanks for the comments anyways Smile
Not sure why you think excluding the skinning engine would make a drastic difference, considering the amount of work that would be needed to make it work. It would likely be faster to build something from the ground up, in that case. If you don't care about the interface, FireCore is basically doing what you're proposing, and in all honesty, they have a great product.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video plugins apps for ATV20