Upgrading to a nightly, what will it break?
(2012-09-14, 11:51)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 11:50)Ned Scott Wrote: Because the filtering options are being completely reworked right now? Advanced Library Filtering (wiki) (and even that is still being tweaked UI wise)

Is there a test build out there with this and a very particular forum or thread where I can contribute? I honestly spend as much time in the UI as I do watching movies (I'm SO indecisive) so I really think I'd be able to give some great feedback.
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Funny enough I imagined up a similar year selection UI

Latest nightly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's not in the monthly builds then? :/
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/

I was hoping to keep close to stable(ish) Smile
Sort by date added still broken on playlist view in latest nightly :/
I have obtained the latest nightly and can't find the new advanced filter, what am I doing wrong here?
(2012-09-14, 13:57)AbRASiON Wrote: I have obtained the latest nightly and can't find the new advanced filter, what am I doing wrong here?

sorry it wasn't in yet

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1399
So it's in now? Smile
(2012-09-14, 14:06)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 13:57)AbRASiON Wrote: I have obtained the latest nightly and can't find the new advanced filter, what am I doing wrong here?

sorry it wasn't in yet

Against my better judgement I've grabbed the latest nightly. (My reason for fear is I recall MySQL issues between V10 and V11 or something, I don't want to hose my DB)

Anyhow, the new filtering options you speak of, I still can't see them - am I doing something wrong here? Are they not even in the nightlies?
(2012-09-29, 12:10)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 14:06)Martijn Wrote:

sorry it wasn't in yet

Against my better judgement I've grabbed the latest nightly. (My reason for fear is I recall MySQL issues between V10 and V11 or something, I don't want to hose my DB)

Anyhow, the new filtering options you speak of, I still can't see them - am I doing something wrong here? Are they not even in the nightlies?

Within 2weeks
Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out.
Any idea if it's around yet? where should I be checking? Smile

Thank you.
click the github link to the Pull Request. If it says OPEN, its still not merged
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mon...ent_builds
Have the developers gone and broken the MySQL support again between versions? I heard about this occuring from V10 to V11, why do they do this? Can someone explain to me in plain terms what ACTUAL logical reason there is for this? because it's EXTREMELY GODDAMNED annoying.

I've used multiple alpha / monthly releases of V12 and now I just realised in one of the newer builds (20120929-8a2d157) at least, it seems that XBMC has again 'forked' itself off to a new MySQL DB entry - am I imagining this?

EDIT:
I just read some documentation which seems to claim different builds will cause this to break but I definitely managed to run 2 different builds for a while without trouble, I guess I grabbed a version just too far newer when doing it. So frustrating.
(2012-10-10, 12:24)AbRASiON Wrote: Have the developers gone and broken the MySQL support again between versions? I heard about this occuring from V10 to V11, why do they do this? Can someone explain to me in plain terms what ACTUAL logical reason there is for this? because it's **** annoying.

I've used multiple alpha / monthly releases of V12 and now I just realised in one of the newer builds (20120929-8a2d157) at least, it seems that XBMC has again 'forked' itself off to a new MySQL DB entry - am I imagining this?

EDIT:
I just read some documentation which seems to claim different builds will cause this to break but I definitely managed to run 2 different builds for a while without trouble, I guess I grabbed a version just too far newer when doing it. So frustrating.

watch the language... edit the post please, if I have to edit it you will not be posting here again

do you think we just change DB versions to upset you and noother apparent reason? follow the development and you will see the reason for version bump
(2012-10-10, 12:24)AbRASiON Wrote: Have the developers gone and broken the MySQL support again between versions? I heard about this occuring from V10 to V11, why do they do this? Can someone explain to me in plain terms what ACTUAL logical reason there is for this? because it's fucking annoying.

EDIT:

so don't upgrade!!!
deal with the possible breakage and be quit or don't upgrade and stay with the version that works for you
Quote:Can someone explain to me in plain terms what ACTUAL logical reason there is for this?

New features and database improvements require the database to be converted into a few version. Before v11 (Eden) was release, it was actually possible to mix clients that needed two different database versions, and the result was that it destroyed the video database and people lost their libraries. The fact that XBMC makes a new database version is a safety feature to prevent losing all your stuff.

Is there a way we can make multiple versions compatible with each other? Yes, by never adding new features or making improvements to the video library. I don't really like that option, though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to a nightly, what will it break?0