Upgrading to a nightly, what will it break?
I heard going from V10 to V11 broke some MySQL stuff.
I would like to upgrade from V11 stable to a recommended nightly release.
Reason: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1157733 (I've found a bug in the current V11)

Any smart / guru people here running a nightly build and got one they can go by? This is a "production" setup, so to speak - I just want it to 'work' you know?
I run MySQL and have XBMC on my HTPC, Desktop PC and Laptop though - all configured with sources.XML (IIRC) to point to the MySQL library.

I'd hate to break something.

Frodo alpha 3 was very stable for me. I used it until a day ago when I updated to the latest revision, but sadly that broke a bunch of stuff so I'm thinking about reverting back to alpha 3 when I get around to it.

If you decide to try out a nightly build just make sure you've got a backup of your whole XBMC folder just in case you want to revert back to Eden later.
I just went through 8 pages of unrelated looking for a log that might have been in that topic. Thought i'd mention that and same others some time.

Why not post a debug log, so someone can maybe see what goes wrong?
They can better advise you on further steps / or nightly version that dealt with the problem, that way.

If it is a corrupt file, is it possible to replace it?
See if it is really corrupt, your install might be fine. And a new install might have the same problem.
If it is in the database or something else an easier solution might be available.

If you want good advice from people give them all the facts, ok?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-07-29, 19:13)MassIV Wrote: I just went through 8 pages of unrelated looking for a log that might have been in that topic. Thought i'd mention that and same others some time.

Why not post a debug log, so someone can maybe see what goes wrong?
They can better advise you on further steps / or nightly version that dealt with the problem, that way.

If it is a corrupt file, is it possible to replace it?
See if it is really corrupt, your install might be fine. And a new install might have the same problem.
If it is in the database or something else an easier solution might be available.

If you want good advice from people give them all the facts, ok?

Relax!
See this which you may have missed on my post
"However, the latest nightly does not crash."

The problem has been fixed, so now to route around it, I just need the latest reliable nightly
A monthly build (wiki) is going to be the closest thing to a "reliable nightly".
Didn't know it existed - thank you.
You wouldn't know when the next one is going to be by any chance? Based on the dates, looks like waiting an extra few days might be prudent.
*shrug*
Well based on the link, I'm thinking within the next week so I'll try to grab one of those. Thank you.
I have now switched to the monthly "alpha 4" version for August - my crash bug is gone with the file I had issues with but there IS a weird rendering change on thumbnails, lacking any form of anti-aliasing or it's scaling the .JPG weirdly - they look jagged as hell.

I'll deal with it - but I would love the developers to be aware of it.
Guys,

How do I report bugs on the monthly versions, ANYONE? Some design changes which really suck on the August build.
Appropriate forum thread or if you will gather *all* the relevent details then via Trac ticket
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-05, 09:18)AbRASiON Wrote: Guys,

How do I report bugs on the monthly versions, ANYONE? Some design changes which really suck on the August build.

well a lot more is coming to improve usability
maybe nitball will gonna like this however we feel it must be done for the greater audience.
can't satisfy everyone
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What do you mean "greater audience" you don't even know what I'm referring to?
There's a very simple but frustrating change which I'd almost rate as a bug in regards to movie sorting options suddenly being missing (ie: used to be included, now gone, no apparent reason)

So I'll explain.
I use a custom playlist* to find some of my movies, however unfortunately now, when I run the custom playlist to find said movies, it no longer allows me to sort by "date added"
Example: Movies from 2005 -> 2012, above 6 imdb rating (so basically I'm in the mood for a recent, fairly ok movie) but I want to sort my list by date added because most of my actual movies already are above 6 and in that date range. So I want something I've grabbed in the last couple of months.

Any idea why this option is missing?

* because the filtration and search is so bad in the program and needs some serious work, so much potential in that metadata being wasted: see this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127839
Because the filtering options are being completely reworked right now? Advanced Library Filtering (wiki) (and even that is still being tweaked UI wise)
(2012-09-14, 11:50)Ned Scott Wrote: Because the filtering options are being completely reworked right now? Advanced Library Filtering (wiki) (and even that is still being tweaked UI wise)

Is there a test build out there with this and a very particular forum or thread where I can contribute? I honestly spend as much time in the UI as I do watching movies (I'm SO indecisive) so I really think I'd be able to give some great feedback.
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Funny enough I imagined up a similar year selection UI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to a nightly, what will it break?0