Use XBMC without connection to mysql library
Hi,

I am in the process of building a NAS server, running XBMC and updating the video library in a MySQL database. I am not planning on using the NAS as my HTPC though. Just fileserver with a gui for running XBMC while updating the database.

Also I am about to install XBMC on a Raspberry Pi, which should access the files on the NAS using NFS, and also connecting to the MySQL video library on the NAS. This way, not using the Rasp. for scraping and updating the library.

My question is then. What if my NAS is turned of, for power savings, and I want to listen to Internet radio or watch youtube videos on the Rasp. Will XBMC complain not being able to connect to the video library, or will it just silently ignore it, and only fail if I enter the video section?
Ideally the latter. However, you should be aware that on the home screen most skins have recently added widgets and the like (or scripts that are running to monitor the library for changes etc) which query the database. Thus, you may see some performance problems. This is potentially remedied in later versions (i.e. nightlies).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,

I use xbmc eden stable on windows xp.

When my mysql isn't reliable, xbmc hang at boot and just display xbmc logo.
I have to kill xbmc.exe process., then rename my adavancedsettings.xml file so i can restart xbmc with local library.

Is there a way to set xbmc to just say me that my mysql database isn't reliable, so i could use another profile with local database ?

I tried to create another profile but it doesn't work.., i think my "mysql profile" has to be the second profile, isn't it ?

(2012-09-30, 19:23)nonob Wrote: Hi,

I use xbmc eden stable on windows xp.

When my mysql isn't reliable, xbmc hang at boot and just display xbmc logo.
I have to kill xbmc.exe process., then rename my adavancedsettings.xml file so i can restart xbmc with local library.

Is there a way to set xbmc to just say me that my mysql database isn't reliable, so i could use another profile with local database ?

I tried to create another profile but it doesn't work.., i think my "mysql profile" has to be the second profile, isn't it ?
I have the same issue. Would love a fix for this as there are times when I dont need msql to be online.
Use profiles.

Create a profile that uses the mysql library, and one that uses a local library.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Portable devices and profiles (wiki)
Hello,

Facing the same issue.
Profiles solve the problem only if you check the "home screen" parameter in profiles settings.
If you don't, you'll have to edit "profiles.xml" and modify "lastloaded" index to the targeted profile -_-

Bien à vous,
(2014-08-23, 15:50)kewwwa Wrote: Hello,

Facing the same issue.
Profiles solve the problem only if you check the "home screen" parameter in profiles settings.
If you don't, you'll have to edit "profiles.xml" and modify "lastloaded" index to the targeted profile -_-

Bien à vous,

Yes, so enable the login screen. Problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use XBMC without connection to mysql library0