Per season television show information
I was trying to find out what season 4 of "24" was about last night and realized that no per-season information is available in the database. For many shows such information probably doesn't make sense, but for certain shows it would. Some that come to mind:

Alias
Legend of the Seeker
Battlestar Galactica (maybe ?)
Game of Thrones
Prison Break
The Wire

It looks like such information isn't actually provided in thetvdb.com but if they should start offering this, would our existing database schema allow for this additional info to be stored ?
No. We would need to add support for it as we're currently only handling show (root) and episode plots.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Does this sound like a good idea though ? Or is it too much of an edge case ?
I'd like to see season based plots Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
also tvdb website would need support for that aswell
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Cool, +1 is better than +none Smile
I made a feature request in the thetvdb forums.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7791
I would very much like to see this added to tvdb and subsequently XBMC. To be honest, the only place I know that gives season information at the moment is Amazon.
szsori's reply in the thread @ thetvdb.com:

Quote:It's already on the new site. More importantly we allow season titles, since some series name each season (Survivor, for example). Thanks for the suggestion!

No information available on when the new site will be available though. Well, he hinted at March 2023 ;-) The existing API does not expose the information.
Would love to see this too. Maybe we can brainstorm some ideas here for other season specific info.

I'd like too see a season specific cast as well.
I'd love to see support for season specific cast lists as well however this might be better achieved at the episode level as some shows change main cast members during the season. I think Smallville changed its main cast (certainly in the opening credits) around a few times during Season 10.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Per season television show information0