Continual freezing and remote losing connection
No, I don't do visualisations. I don't turn the TV on to watch music, I have squeezeboxes. Can't stand the way otherwise rational people keep staring at the screen instead of listening to the music or conversing. Maybe my friends do too many drugs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I like to browse album art, album reviews, etc. as well as sometimes just relax and watch them move to the beat...Just seems like somewhere display settings may be off but after looking in ubuntu and xbmc can't tell where...
Is this all visualisations?

You might be better to start a thread somewhere more relevant, I won't be helpful on this issue, except to say it might be a driver/hardware/acceleration issue. but I am guessing now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Actually changing resolution from maximum to high did the trick. No worries. Do the pastebin files look good that I posted now that I replaced the hard drive?
So you have xbmc gotham alpha from 3 November, sounds OK.

pulseaudio is installed, not recommended, but if it is working for you then leave well alone.

I am no expert on vaapi so can't comment on that (nvidia fan myself).
?...It says frodo 12.2 on startup...
I'll try to deactivate pulseaudio again when I get home later...followed the previous steps but maybe I need to do the ones at the end that seemed to finally work that fritsch recommended (though I thought that might have been unique to the older version of ubuntu I was working from within before...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Continual freezing and remote losing connection0