[Micro-ATX] i3-2125
Hello,

I'm building a new HTPC, to replace my good'old ACER Revo3600, which can't decode HD content...

I would like your opinion on this build.

I created it from this build : [Mini-ITX] i3-2100 (2x3.1Ghz) + GT210

I just removed the GPU, as it seems the i3 is sufficiant to decode HD. I will not play games on this HTPC.
Also, I have chosen pieces of H/W that are available here in France, I have chosen the case to fit in my Home Cinema configuration.
The power supply has been chosen in the case compatible h/w recommandation list.

Thanks.

Total cost = 428 € (~428 USD)
Looks like a good build. I would use the stock cpu cooler and choose a different brand ssd.
Why the stock CPU Cooler ? No real gain with the Cooler Master ? I choose it to make a less noisy build.
About the SSD, I choose the first price. My usage is that every video played is streamed from a multimedia server, and not on the mediacenter, so I just need the SSD to run the system...
Intel stock cooler is very decent. However if you are going for absolute minimal sound and don't care about spending the money then an aftermarket cooler is fine.

Your call on the brand of ssd. I think there are better options personally.
Would love to see pictures as you build.
I'm sure you'll love it when done!
Alright I can take a Sandisk 64GB for 3 more €...
(2012-07-30, 13:45)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Would love to see pictures as you build.
Will try to remember to do it Smile
Ssd technology is quite young. Ocz and other brands using sandforce controller had problems in reliability.

From many tests and user reports the best are Samsung 830 and Crucial M4...

I would prefer the big shuriken 2

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1278-page7.html
(2012-07-30, 14:14)Zenith Wrote: Ssd technology is quite young. Ocz and other brands using sandforce controller had problems in reliability.

From many tests and user reports the best are Samsung 830 and Crucial M4...
These ones are quite expensive. 25% more expensive than the OCZ SSD.
I will thinkg about it. It will cost ~400€ with this SSD, and removing the CPU fan...

Check amazon.fr for ssd http://www.amazon.fr/Samsung-SSD-Disque-...969&sr=8-3
Samsungs are 64gb vs 60. Price for gigabytes isabout1 euros and you get 4gb free price difference drops to 3 euros more...Peanuts! Smile

You can save a bit choosing the standard i3-2100 or even a g620

For the power supply check also

Rasurbo RAP 350W
Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2
be quiet! System Power 350W
OK, all this leads to a 415 € price. Amazon do not better. Some prices are lower, some are higher...
I'll take 2x2GB instead of 1x2GB, for use when I install Windows 8 64 bits.
I think I'll give it a go...

Thanks to all of you for your help Smile
Amazon get better just for ssd and shipping costs are free and usually have a good after sales policy. If somenthing goes wrong it's very easy to get money back or new drive.
So you can get the ssd there and take other things where you like.
(2012-07-30, 17:35)Zenith Wrote: Amazon get better just for ssd and shipping costs are free and usually have a good after sales policy. If somenthing goes wrong it's very easy to get money back or new drive.
So you can get the ssd there and take other things where you like.

I could... I'll think about it.
But when I buy something on Amazon, there is no delivery with endorsement. This is quite problematic, as in France we have more and more problems with the main delivery society...
Still, thanks for the advice...
I'm looking to where I can buy for the best price. And I've found a site where the i3-2105 is not available, but the i3-2125 is.
And I've seen that elsewhere, the 2125 is cheaper than the 2105.
Everything seems to be the same, Graphic HD 3000, 32nm, but the frequency is higher on the 2125.
Why is the 2125 cheaper than the 2105 ? Is there something hidden behind that price?
Seems like 2125 is better than 2105. I'll switch the CPU then, as it's better and cheaper...
And I have updated the first post...
As asked, pictures are to come...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] i3-21250