i3 slim case build
According to news from May, Ivy Bridge runs hotter than Sandy Bridge.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news...run-hotter

No idea if this has been corrected.
Yeah the temps are what they are, winter will bring them down though. Also I noticed that the speedstep is keeping the CPU at 1.6GHz quite consistently so seems like there's no point underclocking it at all. I might be interested in getting a better case fan for it to pull the hotness out but I doubt... it's working fantastically now.

It's win7... I'd rather use ubuntu as the backend but I need my bitstreaming audio Smile Also the intel drivers seem to do a decent job with the local contrast enhancement and skin tones, I'm pretty sure the linux drivers won't support those. And the win7 boots ungodly fast (like 8 seconds from full power down), my amps hdmi doesn't have time to sync until the xbmc is already running so nobody ever sees windows loading screen Smile

For remote I had an old Logitech diNovo mini keyboard which I got as a present years ago. The included bluetooth dongle is actually capable of powering on the box from shutdown which is awesome.

I tried the android remote's WoL functionality but it didn't seem to work, the bios didn't have anything about WoL either so it might not be supported on this MB Sad.
(2012-08-01, 03:45)blos Wrote: It's win7... I'd rather use ubuntu as the backend but I need my bitstreaming audio Smile Also the intel drivers seem to do a decent job with the local contrast enhancement and skin tones, I'm pretty sure the linux drivers won't support those.

I never thought of those parameters.. Thanks for telling Smile
this looks great!
Oh btw I got the WoL to work so now the box boots up nicely from the Android app Smile This MB has really impressed me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i3 slim case build0