XBMC won't launch
Hello, I have recently been using XBMC on my own computer but now I am trying to use it on another computer. I am getting an error with the sqlite3.dll file which I believe is something to do with the program not being in the correct directory. I can't place it in 'C:\Program Files' for a few weeks as I don't have full privilege to install it within there. I can place it anywhere else in my documents and the C drive though. So I guess my question is, is there a way to change the directory that XBMC uses to locate the files to run it?

Thanks.
If i understand you correct you could try portable mode. That would even allow you to run it from a usb drive.

Portable mode
If you wish, you may run XBMC in portable mode by adding the -p switch to the shortcut used to launch XBMC. This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the XBMC folder. This is useful for running XBMC for Windows off a USB stick for portability.
You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the userdata folder you use is not overwritten.

Example of a path within the shortcut to a usb device:
Z:\random\xbmc.exe -p

Otherwise (if the dll is not found) maybe try sqlite3.dll in xbmc folder.

Basically i'm guessing because there is not a lot of into to work with.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't launch0