Slight stutter when XBMC is open for a while
I've noticed that if XBMC has been open for a while (maybe a week), video will slightly stutter. When I close XBMC and reopen it, video is perfectly normal.

It's running on my pvr so I don't ever shut it down. It's not a big deal but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks,

Doug
You could, if you wanted a solution, have something like eventghost (depending on OS) restart the program once a day when you sleep.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
There are probably some little memory leaks within XBMC, possibly in general, or possibly tied to specific hardware configurations.
I noticed exactly the same with my setup recently, so I now have my Logitech Harmony remote set to QUIT XBMC when I power off or change activity, and reload XBMC when I start my 'Watch Media Centre' activity, just so I always have a 'fresh' instance of XBMC running each time I want to use it.
I get the same thing. How did you get XBMC installed on your PVR though?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
On what platforms do you notice this behavior?

Quote:How did you get XBMC installed on your PVR though?
Isn't a PVR meant to wake up on a timer? At least mine does so, I wouldn't want it to run all time.
(2012-08-01, 17:01)patseguin Wrote: I get the same thing. How did you get XBMC installed on your PVR though?
I'm assuming it's a PVR application running alongside XBMC on the same system.
Eden PVR builds
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126802
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Apparently this is a common memory leak issue especially Windows setup like Ned Scott said. I just use windows task schedular and reboot windows everyday. Been working good this way.
I have had this problem to and I have been using a shutdown reload script which seems to work.

But there's one thing I noticed is that if you turn on your htpc before the tv or turn on a htpc when the tv is off this problem happens and comes back only when you shut xbmc down and reload it the problem is gone.

So I wounder if the jerky video is something to do when the pc comes out of standby and the tv is off or if you don't shut the htpc down and leave it running but turning the tv off and back on again might cause this problem to come back.

Give it a go I can cause jerky video playback all the time when my pc comes out of standby which xbmc loads up from the desktop using a script then turning on the tv, this causes jerky playback.

So this might not be a memory leak but something To do with the htpc when the tv is off

See what you find. Does anyone have this same problem try and test it maybe a xbmc can look into it and fix it. Or maybe it's a windows problem

Cheers
My setup is a Windows 7 64 Bit ultimate machine with 16GB of ram. The video card is an Nvidia GT 430 2GB. I turned off the xbmc screen saver because it often didn't wakeup. I do have the autoupdate library plugin running every 2 hours. I've changed it to update every 6 hours instead. xbmc is the only thing I have running on the machine.

I may just setup the task scheduler to reboot once a day.

Thanks,

Doug

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight stutter when XBMC is open for a while0