Modder Wanted: New Home Screen Mockup
I do love Aeon Nox but I believe the Home screen is boring, and dated.... and is time for a fresh look.

If you are a modder and interested in making this happen, please do Smile

I have a mockup I created with some, not so great, photoshop skills (please ignore the areas that are black, they should be color matched)

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-07-31, 03:52)Livin Wrote: I do love Aeon Nox but I believe the Home screen is boring, and dated.... and is time for a fresh look.

I have a mockup I created with some, not so great, photoshop skills (please ignore the areas that are black, they should be color matched)

The home screen is boring ?! With nox being one of the most customizable and cutting edge skins i've used its quite laughable
that you would ask this. Good luck in your endeavour to find a coder to completly rework the home screen
(a lot of work for you - especially if you get bored with any other screens in the future!)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Looks a lot like the same question you posted in the Breeze skin thread and it will be an awfull lot of work to get this done.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-31, 11:39)Martijn Wrote: Looks a lot like the same question you posted in the Breeze skin thread and it will be an awfull lot of work to get this done.

+1 hehe
I don't know how much work it will be since I'm not a skinner... but I do think this home screen is much more visually interesting than the long-time Aeon home screen. I really like the rest of Nox and this is wy I've asked for this screen.

Nox's widgets do help a bit, but still very limited to what, and how much, can be on the screen and don't make your eye want to roam around the entire screen to see it all. This is a design thing, an artist or professional designer will know what I'm talking about. My layout has at least 4 places widgets can be placed while still showing all the ancillary information and submenus the Nox screen allows.

Well, maybe someone will take up the cause.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-07-31, 16:29)Livin Wrote: I don't know how much work it will be since I'm not a skinner... but I do think this home screen is much more visually interesting than the long-time Aeon home screen. I really like the rest of Nox and this is wy I've asked for this screen.

Nox's widgets do help a bit, but still very limited to what, and how much, can be on the screen and don't make your eye want to roam around the entire screen to see it all. This is a design thing, an artist or professional designer will know what I'm talking about. My layout has at least 4 places widgets can be placed while still showing all the ancillary information and submenus the Nox screen allows.

being one of those artists / designers you mention I also understand the necessary 'want' of all things new and fresh
you have to ask yourself is anyone prepared to code all the nuances you wish to provide you with a new homescreen
where no one else seems to have a problem with the 'eye-candy' on offer
Again I reiterate this is a LOT of work....Most people when bored switch to another skin for a while then come back 'visually refreshed' - worth a try ?
(2012-07-31, 16:29)Livin Wrote: I don't know how much work it will be since I'm not a skinner... but I do think this home screen is much more visually interesting than the long-time Aeon home screen. I really like the rest of Nox and this is wy I've asked for this screen.

in fact that layout is more limited than the actual one since it would only allow to focus one of the widgets properly and also spreads info too much (the bottom right part for example, it doesn´t seem to belong to the widget)
Designing is one thing, havin it easy-to-use for remotes is another.
i took some Design / User Interface lessons at university, so i know some principles on how to design a usable UI.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Leave the design decisions to the skinners especially when they are doing a great job keeping Aeon Nox more fresh and beautiful with every update! just choose another skin if you think this one is boring or read up and create a skin of your own.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
Aeon is Aeon because of the home screen design! Dramatically change the home screen design and you lose Aeon's signature. Wink
(2012-07-31, 03:52)Livin Wrote: I do love Aeon Nox but I believe the Home screen is boring, and dated.... and is time for a fresh look.

i say "NO" to this one .. aeon nox's current home screen is like an landscape u see and say WOW awesome Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modder Wanted: New Home Screen Mockup0