Android Android compile issue happened
After struggling with the PPA and apt-get install patch, finally i succeed in ./configure and no more issue found.
Then, building/compiling is more weird and error is found like this:

###########################################
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strpbrk... yes
checking for strrchr... yes
checking for strspn... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for sysinfo... no
checking for tzset... yes
checking for utime... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking size of size_t... 4
checking sys/inotify.h usability... yes
checking sys/inotify.h presence... yes
checking for sys/inotify.h... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
configure: Using Python 2.6
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'
###############################################################################

it seems that the libxbmc.so is not working and we missed certain library. anyone who give me some advices to pull me out of here.
thanks~
the ./configure is all right so i did not post the config.log in the thread.
post your configure line
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-31, 10:25)Memphiz Wrote: post your configure line

I follow the guide of README.android and the config is as follows,
Code:
cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends
   ./bootstrap

./configure --with-sdk=/skynj/srtdev/android-sdk-linux \
               --with-toolchain=/skynj/srtdev/toolChains/android-14 \
               --with-ndk=/skynj/srtdev/toolChains/android-ndk-r7 \
               --with-tarballs=/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android

make -j20

cd $HOME/xbmc-android
   make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc
And you are definitly using the crystax NDK? And you are sure that make -j20 in depends got through the first time? (sometimes it has issues with parallel build which leads to uncomplete built dependencies). It should have stated something like "All Dependencies built successfully" or so.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Try to compile the code updated today, with --enable-player=amlplayer --enable-openmax flags in tools/android/depends/xbmc/Makefile. same steps as denisyq. Missing the OMX_Core.h, following is the log, anyone has idea? Thanks for advice

make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/arm-vm2/android/xbmc-android.git/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video'
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecLibMpeg2.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoPPFFmpeg.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/OpenMax.o
In file included from OpenMax.cpp:28:0:
OpenMax.h:27:22: fatal error: OMX_Core.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [OpenMax.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/arm-vm2/android/xbmc-android.git/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video'
make[1]: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/arm-vm2/android/xbmc-android.git'
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/mnt/arm-vm2/android/xbmc-android.git/tools/android/depends/xbmc'
make -C tools/android/depends/android-sys

note: --enable-player=amlplayer --enable-openmax is a futile effort Smile aml boxes don't have a working omx which is why amlplayer was born.
Thanks davila. So is that means I have to stick with --enable-player=amlplayer if I want hw video at this stage before a working omx module can take place?
@rere34lm, amlplayer only works on aml devices and specific ones at that, thus the 'aml' prefix Smile

openmax was injected to get more dev eyes on it, it's not very functional right now. unless you plan to help dev openmax, I'd stay away from it.

Thanks for make it clear.
I have a similiar problem, the compilation exits just like the OPs when I try to build the apk.
However - I cleaned out the dependencies (make clean) and ran it again using only a single job.
This is what I end up with at the end:
Code:
yasm.o: In function `do_assemble':
yasm.c:(.text+0x5c5): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0x5d2): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0x5e6): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0x5f3): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0x629): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.o:yasm.c:(.text+0x636): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
yasm.o: In function `main':
yasm.c:(.text+0xdd9): undefined reference to `libintl_textdomain'
yasm.c:(.text+0xe12): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0xe1f): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0xfef): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0xffc): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.c:(.text+0x1009): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
yasm.o:yasm.c:(.text+0x105e): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [yasm] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc_android/xbmc-source-android/tools/android/depends/yasm/armeabi-v7a-native'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc_android/xbmc-source-android/tools/android/depends/yasm/armeabi-v7a-native'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc_android/xbmc-source-android/tools/android/depends/yasm/armeabi-v7a-native'
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a-native/yasm] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc_android/xbmc-source-android/tools/android/depends/yasm'
make: *** [yasm] Error 2

So, I suspect something fails at the compilation of the dependencies Wink
I noticed a lot of gettext related errors in the compilation of the apk as well... ist that the culprit here? I have gettext-runtime in version 0.18.1 installed on my debian-system
Any tipps on a fix for this?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

For anyone running into this problem, I was able to solve it by editing the makefiles (at least I think I solved it since it is still compiling (I only ran a single job)):
1. Makefile
2. Makefile.in
3. Makefile.include

In files 1 & 2 I replaced "gettext-native" with "gettext" (the BuildTools line).
In file 3 I edited the path for "XBMCPREFIX", because it included a double-slash. So I changed it from
Code:
=/opt/xbmc_android/android-toolchain/android-9//staging
to
Code:
=/opt/xbmc_android/android-toolchain/android-9/staging

I suspect that that is the reasons for the build failing rather then replacing "gettext-native" with "gettext".
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-31, 16:12)Memphiz Wrote: And you are definitly using the crystax NDK? And you are sure that make -j20 in depends got through the first time? (sometimes it has issues with parallel build which leads to uncomplete built dependencies). It should have stated something like "All Dependencies built successfully" or so.

yeah, i am definitely using the crystax NDK as the guide said. but i did not get the "All Dependencies built successfully " statements as i run make -j20.
NO errors shows after make -j20 and i suppose it is all right.
does my version of ubuntu (10.04) make any effort?
(2012-08-01, 14:04)denisyq Wrote: NO errors shows after make -j20 and i suppose it is all right.
That is to be expected - since you run it in 20 jobs, the probability is high that you'll miss the errors a long the build.
Try running with a single job, you then can see the errors.
I suspect that the dependencies in your case didn't build all the way through (just like my case).

For reference:
I had another problem with the compilation as "afpfs-ng" was being built. The output told me that "rm" and "mkdir" are missing. I changed the PATH-value in the makefile and added my /bin folder to it. It's still running at this point, so I hope it'll complete this time around (again - only one job does make things slooooooooooow)

Edit:
So, my dependencies went through fine as it seems. XBMC is compiling right now, bootstrap and configure were successfull.
Sidenote:
I had to manually install "gperf" on my system since it wasn't installed, but was expected to be there. Installing it solved the problem and as said - the compilation runs now. Will add if I was able to successfully build the apk.

(2012-08-01, 11:54)HenryFord Wrote: For anyone running into this problem, I was able to solve it by editing the makefiles (at least I think I solved it since it is still compiling (I only ran a single job)):
1. Makefile
2. Makefile.in
3. Makefile.include

In files 1 & 2 I replaced "gettext-native" with "gettext" (the BuildTools line).
In file 3 I edited the path for "XBMCPREFIX", because it included a double-slash. So I changed it from
Code:
=/opt/xbmc_android/android-toolchain/android-9//staging
to
Code:
=/opt/xbmc_android/android-toolchain/android-9/staging

I suspect that that is the reasons for the build failing rather then replacing "gettext-native" with "gettext".

I use android-14 for the toolchain and the original makefile/makefile.in/makefile.include is found as the same as yours (after modified). So i suppose it is not the issue. CoolCool

Did you try with a single job in order to actually see error messages when they pop up?

My build just completed successfully...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android compile issue happened 1