Android Android compile issue happened
(2012-08-02, 10:11)HenryFord Wrote: Did you try with a single job in order to actually see error messages when they pop up?

My build just completed successfully...

yeah, i did it just a moment ago. I got
Code:
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/libiconv/armeabi-v7a/man'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/libiconv/armeabi-v7a'
touch .installed-armeabi-v7a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/libiconv'
make -C gettext
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/gettext'
rm -rf armeabi-v7a/*; mkdir -p armeabi-v7a
/bin/tar -C armeabi-v7a --strip-components=1 -xf /home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/gettext'
make: *** [gettext] Error 2
Looks like there was a problem when downloading the gettext tarball. Just delete /home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz and re-run make on the dependencies.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-08-02, 11:42)Montellese Wrote: Looks like there was a problem when downloading the gettext tarball. Just delete /home/luyanqing/xbmc-android/gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz and re-run make on the dependencies.

per Montelese's suggestion, i delete the gettext tarball and re-run make (it will download the tarball automatically). It seems that helped.
I could compile successfully but have to face another issue about apk make.
I got to say the version of UBUNTU should be newer than 10.
To quote README.android

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Introduction
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We currently recommend Ubuntu Natty (11.04) or later. Current work has been
done here. Additionally, building from OSX Snow Leopard is working.

buiilding on anything else is unsupported at the current time.
I've build successfully on 10.04 *whistles*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android compile issue happened 1