Linux Streaming problem - black screen while audio is still playing
Has anyone seen the following behaviour? I experience this for few months, not even sure when it started, maybe this issue was always there..

So, the problem shows up when streaming form YouTube and Vimeo sites using the latest versions of corresponding plugins. Sometimes (probably 1 in 5-8 tries) the video does not start (black screen is shown instead) and I can only hear the audio track. I can still exit the black screen (by pressing "back" button on the remote) and navigate XBMC interface, but audio would continue playing and after another 10-15 seconds everything would freeze. XBMC interface does not respond, so I have to kill XBMC (using ssh session) or reboot the box.

After XBMC restarts the same video may play just fine or may lead to a black screen again - I could not figure out any pattern. Surprisingly I never experienced this behaviour with other streaming plugins, e.g. iPlayer works perfectly all the time.

I run XBMC Eden in standalone mode on top of 64bit version of Ubuntu Linux 11.10. All this is installed on eMachine er1401 (K325 AMD processor, Nvidia 9200 chipset).

Could you suggest on how to locate the core of the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming problem - black screen while audio is still playing0