Win XBMC4LCDSmartie: New Plugin for LCDSmartie
@Peter - it is probably detecting xbm,c running (you are using the PROC test for xbmc in your config) - but it's probably not getting anything back from the JSON interface. Have you confirmed xbmc is listening for JSON on port 9090?

@IzeQube - yay, time remaining!! Thanks a lot, it is working well. I too am running into the funny characters issue - the degrees symbol (superscript small o) in degrees celsius (must be in the label?) - is coming out a bit wonky making the temperature display not so great, but the time/title stuff is going well.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ahh..I see the problem. I changed the lcdsmartie.config to match my Http remote settings in XBMC. But in actuality I need to leave it on the default 9090 port. Thanks! It works now. Awesome.
(2013-02-18, 15:51)Bongo Wrote: @IzeQube
Thx for the update, now i see no more Error on my display.
Smile

But, i have still some few litttle problems and suggestions:
1: German small letters ä,ö,ü,ß are converted in ae,oe,ue and ss, but big letters Ä,Ö,Ü are not converted.

Thanks, I've added ÜÖÄ to the list.

(2013-02-18, 15:51)Bongo Wrote: 2. In Picture-Slideshow i only see in the second line 00:00:00/ 00:00:00, first line is empty.
Is it possible to show the picturename in line two?

I don't use picture mode so much at the moment. But I see the problem and have put in a new feature only for pictures. It now shows the current Picture-Name in Line 1 and the current position of the slideshow in Line 2 (as percentage-value)

(2013-02-18, 15:51)Bongo Wrote: 3. Can you add in LiveTV in the first Line the Program-Name and/or Program-Channel (with Program-Titel)?

Thanks for the great work.

I'll have to have a look into that. I don't have any tuner in my XBMC-Box, so I can only use the Demos provided. It should be possible though:
What would you think if it would display: "Title (Channel Name)" in Line 1?

(2013-02-23, 06:32)bossanova808 Wrote: @Peter - it is probably detecting xbm,c running (you are using the PROC test for xbmc in your config) - but it's probably not getting anything back from the JSON interface. Have you confirmed xbmc is listening for JSON on port 9090?

@IzeQube - yay, time remaining!! Thanks a lot, it is working well. I too am running into the funny characters issue - the degrees symbol (superscript small o) in degrees celsius (must be in the label?) - is coming out a bit wonky making the temperature display not so great, but the time/title stuff is going well.

Okay, the new version will remove the degree character, as I don't know which charater i should replace it with.

@ALL: You can find the new Version on Codeplex. Have a lot of fun with it Big Grin
@IzeQube

Thx for the Picture-Mode, looks ok.

But again a little Problem with special letters: If the Menue is displayed the characters are converted but if i play a movie, tv, musik or in slideshow the letters are not converted.

My Suggestion for LiveTV:
(ChannelNumber) ChannelName - Title
Looks like:
(1) Das Erste - Tatort

SourceCode-Changes for my Suggestion in File XBMC4LCDSmartie.vb (based on v.0.8.0)
sValues.Add("season")
sValues.Add("episode")
sValues.Add("title")
sValues.Add("showtitle")
sValues.Add("year")
sValues.Add("artist")
sValues.Add("albumartist")
sValues.Add("track")
sValues.Add("channel")
sValues.Add("channelnumber")

jResponse = GetPlayerItems(iPlayer, sValues.ToArray)
jResponse.ToString()

Select Case jResponse.SelectToken("item.type")
Case "channel"
sText = "(" & jResponse.SelectToken("item.channelnumber").ToString & ") " & jResponse.SelectToken("item.channel").ToString & " - " & jResponse.SelectToken("item.title").ToString
Return RemoveSpecialChars(sText)

I would make the program-changes myself but unfortunately you have on your XBMC4LCDSmartie-Homepage only the source code of version 0.8.0.
Do you think about to update the Source-Code on your Homepage?

Thanks for your great work.
@IzeQube or you could add a Polish characters small and large (ó,ż,ź,ś,ć,ą,ę,ł) please help
Maybe you should try Unidecode for diactrics replacing?
@IzeQube
Thanks for the plugin!

Please add Hungarian characters. (ö, Ö, ü, Ü, ó, Ó, ő, Ő, ú, Ú, é, É, á, Á, ű, Ű, í, Í)

Thanks!
Hi!
Can this plugin display russian fonts?
I try this plugin under xp - working fine, but on Windows 7 x86/x64 it work too slow, delay may be up to 5 seconds! Is there any method to fix this problem?

P.S. Problem solved.
Works fine on Win 7 64 bit here, no delay
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Hi!

I just started using XBMC and found this wonderful plugin to support my VFD. I got a problem: I also use PseudoTV and when I have this plugin enabled, channel changing in PseudoTV makes XBMC to crash.
I tried another plugin for LCDSmarite, which works fine except that plugin is not as cool as this one.

Does anyone have any idea about this problem?

Thanks,
vrm42
Hi!
Why plugin does not support russian fonts? Is there any way to get it work?
Look at screen.
With best regards!
(2013-10-28, 17:36)ZloyBehemoth Wrote: I try this plugin under xp - working fine, but on Windows 7 x86/x64 it work too slow, delay may be up to 5 seconds! Is there any method to fix this problem?

P.S. Problem solved.

I have the same problem... (it work too slow)
How did you to resolve it?
(2014-03-10, 02:12)jodit Wrote:
(2013-10-28, 17:36)ZloyBehemoth Wrote: I try this plugin under xp - working fine, but on Windows 7 x86/x64 it work too slow, delay may be up to 5 seconds! Is there any method to fix this problem?

P.S. Problem solved.

I have the same problem... (it work too slow)
How did you to resolve it?

Hi! Just change string in LCDSmartie.exe.config
XBMC4LCDSmartie.Host" value="localhost"
to this:
XBMC4LCDSmartie.Host" value="127.0.0.1"
@IzeQube - are you still out there?

I was chatting with an xbmc dev about another problem, and along the way got this feedback:

Quote:Concerning the log spam you should look into whatever addon or third party application you are using because it must be terribly outdated. First of all it makes requests to the HTTP API which has been gone since Frodo so all these requests will result in errors on the client. Secondly the client seems to be hammering our TCP server by constantly connecting and immediately disconnecting multiple times per second. First of all it doesn't make much sense to perform JSON-RPC requests multiple times per second (I assume it is to get the currently playing state) and secondly this is not what the TCP server is thought for. For these things we have the HTTP webserver.

...is there any possibility you feel like moving away from the TCP server and to the HTTP server, and also managing the json-rpc connections side of things better? Might help with performance across the board, and would certainly clean up a debug log when using this addon!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC4LCDSmartie: New Plugin for LCDSmartie0