Win XBMC4LCDSmartie: New Plugin for LCDSmartie
I installed XBMC 13.0 and the latest version of LCDsmartie (5.4)

In the documentation of the plugin it says I have to chnage the LCDsmartie.exe.config file. There is not such file in the LCDsmartie folder.....

I think thta is why I get the error message:
"Load of plugin failed: Bridge Init for XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll failed with: [Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\ Program Files(x86\lcd_samrte_v5.4\plugins\XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll' or one of ots dependecies. This assembly is built by a newer runtime than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]"

I set XBMC to be control from other software on same machine.

Can any body tell where I go wrong and where to put the config info (seems that is the problem)?

MANY THANKS!!!!
Question, I put in the plugins in the zip in lcdsmartie/plugins folder correct? Then in the configuration LCD I select the xbmc correct? Well I don't get the xbmc in the drop down menu. Am I do I g anything wrong?
I'm having difficulty getting this to work. I keep getting an LCD SMARTIE error.

"load of plugin failed: Bridge Init for XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll failed with: [Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.: Configuration system failed to initialize]

Can I get any help with this?

I did have to manually download a msvcr71.dll and put into my lcdsmartie folder.

Could this be because I only have framework 4.0? Anything lower I'm having issues installing on windows 8.1
Guys. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I could not find anything in searching the forum or web. I am currenly using the PRO-LCD (nmediapc case), LCDSmartie and XBMC4LCDSmartie with XBMC 13.2. Everything works great. However, it does not work at all using any of the Kodi versions. Is there an updated plugin or need to edit any files to make this work with the upcoming Kodi releases? Am I out of luck moving forward? I hate to be stuck at the current XBMC level or loose the functionality of my admittedly crappy LCD panel. My current case only supports this model and I have no other slots. Thanks in advance.
(2014-11-19, 20:26)chrisc909 Wrote: Guys. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I could not find anything in searching the forum or web. I am currenly using the PRO-LCD (nmediapc case), LCDSmartie and XBMC4LCDSmartie with XBMC 13.2. Everything works great. However, it does not work at all using any of the Kodi versions. Is there an updated plugin or need to edit any files to make this work with the upcoming Kodi releases? Am I out of luck moving forward? I hate to be stuck at the current XBMC level or loose the functionality of my admittedly crappy LCD panel. My current case only supports this model and I have no other slots. Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry... I have your same LCD... How did you get it working? I'm running 13.2 and I just can't get it working. Is there anyway you can make a tutorial?
@IzeQube - looks like you have not visited in over a year now - are you around/planning any updates?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Sorry Daisuke1988. Been busy. I will review my install this weekend and get back to you. If I remember correctly, the only thing needed was the driver from the nmediapc website, (do not install m.play, or disable its startup), LCDSmartie, and the XBMC4LCDSmartie files. I will update once I have a chance to review it. I'm running Win8.1 X64.
(2014-11-20, 19:54)chrisc909 Wrote: Sorry Daisuke1988. Been busy. I will review my install this weekend and get back to you. If I remember correctly, the only thing needed was the driver from the nmediapc website, (do not install m.play, or disable its startup), LCDSmartie, and the XBMC4LCDSmartie files. I will update once I have a chance to review it. I'm running Win8.1 X64.
Take your time, I have Tue nmedia driver but I just can't seem to get it working. I'm running Windows 7 x64, Gotham 13.2 Margo build. I tried all I can't to get it working but I just can't, keep getting "fail to load plug in"
Daisuke, Just took a look at my setup. Here are the things I would like you to check.

1. XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll copied to lcdsmartie\plugins directory.
2. lisvfd.dll copied to lcdsmartie\displays directory.
3. Check Device Manager and look under "Ports (Com & LPT) for your port.
Mine shows up as "USB Serial Port (COM3)"
4. Check LCDSmartie config "Config.ini" file for the correct port configuration.
[Communication Settings]
DisplayDLLName=lisvfd.dll
DisplayDLLParameters=COM3,38400
Baudrate=6
COMPort=3
USBPalm=0
ParallelPort=888
HDAlternativeAddressing=0
HDKS0073Addressing=0
HDTimingMultiplier=1
MX3USB=0
HTTPProxy=
HTTPProxyPort=0
RemoteHost=localhost
5. Under General Settings, LCDType=7
6. In XBMC - Settings - Network
General - DEVICE NAME = XBMC
WEBSERVER - Allow control of xbmc via http : check on
Port:80
Username:XBMC
PW: (blank)
Web InterfaceBig Grinefault
Remote Control - Allow for both options

Let me know if this helps.
In checking my settings for Daisuke, I revisited the xbmc4lcdsmartie site and reviewed the instructions by Oliver Tomkins. My "lcdsmartie.exe.config" had the test mode set to "Proc" which was checking for the process. Changing this to TCP solved my issue and now the LCD works with the latest Kodi Beta4.

All settings are specified in the "lcdsmartie.exe.config" file located in LCDSmarties main directory.
<add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.XBMCTestMode" value="TCP"/>
Daisuke, if you are still having a problem, let me know. I can zip up my config files and get them to you somehow.
The available executable file, appears to be compiled against an older 'obsolete' library "msvcr71.dll" that no one has anymore.

Will it be rebuilt against a current library version ? (i.e. msvcr80 or msvcr100 ?)
Hello folks
I know this thread has been running for years, but I didn't find any other promising places to get help with my XBMC4LCDSmartie issue, so here we go Smile

I've just did a clean install of Windows 10 64Bit, and Kodi 15.1, LCD Smartie 5.4.2.92, and XBMC4LCDSmartie 0.9.5.

I did this to the Kodi installation to enable it to communicate with LCD Smartie:
I changed the Device Name to “XBMC”. Scrolled down to “Webserver” and made sure that “Allow control of Kodi via HTTP” was enabled and set to use port 80. I changed the username to XBMC, and let the password be blank. I Leaved the web interface at default. At last I scrolled down to “Remote Control” and enabled the switch to “Allow programs on this system to control Kodi”.

When I fire up LCD Smartie I get the following error:
"Load of plugin failed: Loadlibrary failed with #126. the specified module could not be found"

The LCD screen says: DLL: Can not load plugin"

LCD Smartie itself works, as I can write text to the LCD display etc. But as soon as I enter lets say the string "$dll(XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll,3,System.CurrentWindow,1)" I got the error described above.

How can I solve this error? - I can't find anything on Google.
I hope someone knows what to do.

Best regards
Joe Smile
Nothing like reviving an old thread Smile

Well, what can I say, this LCD thing in Kodi has been a real ball ache for me Sad

I have an old Antec Fusion desktop media centre case with a Soundgraph vfd, the one that connects via usb and is powered by a floppy connector. There is no ir, but it does have a volume knob (which doesn't work). I bought this case when Windows XP MCE edition was released, so that'll give you some idea of how old it is!
I don't see the point in upgrading it as it's been faultless and is a nice looking case too.

I had been using XP MCE and then upgraded to Windows 7 64bit a number of years ago and used the windows MCE without issue, the lcd screen worked a treat with the old vfd drivers I found in google somewhere.

Recently, I disabled MCE and installed Mediaportal and along with the mini-display driver was able to use the vfd without missing a beat, and stream live tv all over the house etc, it was great.

I'm in love with Kodi now though, the amount of stuff available for kids is incredible, and has made me somewhat of a hero at home Smile

I'm completely lost with the VFD though, and I think I've tried everything without success.

There is an LCD plugin on the Kodi repositries, XBMCDLCDProc or something, but that did nothing at all, and having tried google searches here there and everywhere, I came across a few people saying that LCDSmartie is the way to go... So here I am Smile

I have installed LCDSmartie and have the display working fine using it's own imond.dll driver, I did have a few problems loading the XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll exception errors but sorted that by copying the LCDSmartie.exe.config file into the main LCDSmartie folder and adding a few lines to force the windows 7 64bit dll runtime policy;

This is the contents of that config file...
Code:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.Host" value="127.0.0.1"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.Port" value="9090"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.XBMCTestMode" value="TCP"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.RefreshInt" value="300"/>
</appSettings>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
</startup>
<runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>
</configuration>

Note the 'TCP' instead of 'Proc', as I read somewhere that if left at 'Proc' the plugin wouldn't be able to find XBMC as it's now Kodi.
Once I had added the runtime policy changes, I no longer got the plugin errors, but have a completely blank screen.
It almost like it's not communicating with Kodi at all.

I've gone into Kodi settings and tried changing the name from Kodi to XBMC and vice versa, made sure that the port is set to 80 with remote connection allowed and external control allowed etc, but nothing seems to work.

I know it's not a biggy and I could just leave the vfd showing the date and time and other stuff from LCDSmartie, but it would be really nice to see what Kodi is doing etc.

Not sure what else I can do now though, I know the vfd is working, LCDSmartie works fine on it, I just can't seem to get Kodi to communicate to the XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll or that to communicate with LCDSmartie.

Any ideas anyone?
TIA Smile
The trick for me was renaming the file "kodi.exe" to "xbmc.exe".

Only problem i got is with the Action tab in LCD Smartie. Don't know what i must put there. Can't see the complete code in this picture, so i'm kinda lost.

What i need is when music is being played, that LCD Smartie will go to display 7.
In other cases, when Kodi is running, it must show display 8.

But i just can't find out how to do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC4LCDSmartie: New Plugin for LCDSmartie0