VAAPI Deinterlace Problems
I use a recent version of XBMC-PVR (from fernetmentas respository) with xvdr.
It's running on a sandybrigde-cpu using the internal GPU on debian wheezy (64bit) and it running fine.
The only problem is, that if I'm using VAAPI I can only select Bob and Bob (half) as deinterlace mode and they are both really really bad! Seems to be a limitiation of the vaapi-intel-driver.
My DVB-T-Streams (SD mpeg2) are unwatchable with it.
If I disable VAAPI I can select more deinterlace-modes and some produce a perfect picture.

So what are my option?
I don't need VAAPI for LiveTV because a get only mpeg2 SD-Streams, but I would like to have VAAPI for watching videos (h264). The problem is I can only enable/disable it globally, and I don't want to switch it manually all the time.
Is there a way to disable vaapi for livetv, or maybe for mpeg2-streams?

I compile xbmc-pvr myself so if it's just a build option or a little patch that's just fine. But it would be nice if this is fixable within xbmc.

I don't want to use vaapi-intel-driver from staging, or stuff like that to get more deinterlacemodes with vaapi or something like that. I just want to disable vaapi for livetv or if thats not possible for mpeg2streams, so that I can use a deinterlace mode that's working for me.

So if anyone has an idea I would be glad to hear it.
I think SB HW acceleration is just pretty terrible at deinterlacing. I gave up using VAAPI a while ago and just use software decoding, since VAAPI also introduced a lot more random crashes while playing live TV streams.
Thanks for the reply!
I will leave it for know. I hardly ever play 1080p movies, so I can live without VAAPI.
But it is however disappointing. Even with the shitty proparitary AMD-driver it is possible to run hardware-acceleration (xvba) and have (usable) deinterlacing at the same time.
I wrote in my first post, that I don't want to use vaapi-driver from staging or stuff like that, but apparently it fixes my problem.

I just needed to use the vaapi-ext branch of libva and inteldriver
check out "5. VAAPI DEINTERLACING" in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114368

with this deinterlacing (bob) with vaapi is working! the picture isn't jumping up and down every frame anymore. it's really watchable!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI Deinterlace Problems0