Audio only with earphones - Nightly 20120729 (and also before)
Good evening,

i have encountered a very strange problem.
I was able to install xmbc just fine (official version via cydia) and then upgraded to nightly 2012079.
so, the thing ist: everything ist working fine. adding files, plugins, directory browsing, video plays fine (even strange codecs)
*but*
i don´t get any audio output with the regular speakers of the ipad. it only works if i plug in earphones.
every other app (like youtube) works just fine/does not have that problem
another thing i have noticed is: if i go to the audio settings (while playing a video file), i can see the blue volume slider on the total right - but that´s at 0,0db.
another thing i have noticed that it does not stay "on top". ...llike ...the screen darkens after a few mins and blanks out after x minutes (as i entered it in the ipad general settings menu).

anyone with an idea on why that happens/what to do? Smile

1. Volume goes from -90dB (mute) to 0,0 dB (max volume) - thats normal for most audio devices
2. Try to change the output settings in XBMC. Be sure to not having plugged in a headphone or something like that during startup of XBMC
3. Are you sure you don't have any strange tvout or audio out cydia apps installed which could break audio for XBMC?
4. Please be a bit more specific what setting you mean (don't see it on my iPad ios 4.3) for blanking out the display after x minutes
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-31, 22:00)Memphiz Wrote: 1. Volume goes from -90dB (mute) to 0,0 dB (max volume) - thats normal for most audio devices
2. Try to change the output settings in XBMC. Be sure to not having plugged in a headphone or something like that during startup of XBMC
3. Are you sure you don't have any strange tvout or audio out cydia apps installed which could break audio for XBMC?
4. Please be a bit more specific what setting you mean (don't see it on my iPad ios 4.3) for blanking out the display after x minutes

1. ok, thx. was not aware of that
2. i did. changes nothing.
3. not 100%. i have quasar installed (but disabled). notnsure if that could be the reason for my problem.
4. well, i mean the "auto lock after x minutes" setting. the screen (even though he video is playing) dimms after that and turns black shortly after.
5. ipad 3 over here (sorry, forgot to mention that).
ok, so everybody sit back, grab a beer and have a good laugh at me.
i have my ipad in a leather protection case and i did not xxxxxxxx notice that the side switch did its jobs and switched off the audio.
and well, i did not notice it because headphones and youtube (no idea why) were still working.

sorry Smile
I can't reproduce any of these issues with either my iPad ios 4.3 or iPod ios 5.1.1 nor have i read anything like this from other users yet.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ahh ok ... read your answer now ...
Hi, i'm new here and my English is not very fluent.

My problem it's the same and I have everything right on my iPad.
The switch too...

Only listen on my headphones.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Wink
then try to flip that side switch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio only with earphones - Nightly 20120729 (and also before)0