Android android-xbmcremote not connecting
Hi there just installed the latest "android-xbmcremote" (v0.8.8-beta1 revision 808) on my HTC Velocity (running android 4.03), but when i try to connect to the laptop (WIN7 ultimate 32-bit SP1) which is running XBMC (version 11.0) it shows me the below error;

I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException)
Failed to connect to 10.0.0.11 (port 8080) after 5000ms: isConnected failed EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)

If i try to connect using another PC to http://10.0.0.11:8080 i don't seem to have a problem (i can watch video's) and proves there is no issue with the firewall, so i presume the problem is on the phone

I have spend hours on this now so any suggestion would help
"No route to host" is a network related error. Somewhere within the network has to lie the culprit.
How is your phone connected? Do you have any problems surfing the internet with the phone's connection? How is your network setup? Which router? There are a lot of components and protocols in the mix, so it might prove difficult to find the root-cause of this.

Are you able to ping the machine from your phone (using a terminal emulator or something like that)? Are you able to browse to the IP-Adress posted above with your phone's browser?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks Henry for your quick response, tried it this morning, and it all worked fine, i guess the reboot (of the PC) would have fixed the problem :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
android-xbmcremote not connecting0