Hulu Plus: Save to update?
Hi!

First of all, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. My search didn't turn up anything, but maybe I overlooked it.

My question is: Is it save to update an already jailbroken ATV2 to the newest firmware, or would I lose all my jailbreak-privileges?

To elaborate: I'm using an ATV2 with old firmware (4.something) and love how well xbmc works with it. The only downside is, that the outdated Netflix-App isn't so great and keeps showing the wrong aspect ratio for 16:9 media. I've been contemplating an update for a while, and after just having learned that an official Hulu Plus App is finally available on the apple tv, I would really like to update my system.

Is it save for me to do this? Or will I lose XBMC and everything else I got with the jailbreak? Can I just re-jailbreak the newest software? If so - are there instructions for it in this forum?

Again, sorry if this is really obvious newbie stuff! I appreciate any advice I can get!
Oh, how embarrassing: I just realized that apparently Hulu Plus will just appear on its own, no update required. Sorry, I'm currently at work and couldn't check.

Still, I would like to upgrade my system (if only to have a useable version of Netflix). The question remains: Can I safely do that? Or are there precautions I must take to avoid un-jailbreaking ("re-jailing"?) my Apple TV?
1. Yes you can upgrade
2. Yes you will loose all your data
3. Yes you can rejailbreak the newest version with seasonpass (as we speak this is 5.0.2)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah, great! Thank you so much, that was very helpful!

("Location: Germany"? Dann natürlich: Vielen Dank!)
Hum... Are you sure Hulu Plus will show up on iOS4 ?
Yesterday I updated mine to iOS5 just for Hulu Plus, but I have my blobs saved and I would rather run iOS4 if Apple pushes Hulu plus to those versions as well.

Also, what's the problem with Netflix on iOS4?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu Plus: Save to update?0