How to quit & restart XBMC using EventGhost?
I am new to EventGhost so don't know how to get this configured but what I want is to, at a scheduled time (say 03:00am every day) to quit the currently running instance of XBMC and immediately re-load it.

I've had a little play around in EventGhost but don't really know what I'm doing in there so thought I'd save a load of time and just ask for some help!

Thanks
UPDATE: I've figured out how to quit XBMC, but it wont start up again. I tried using the RESTART xbmc action but whilst it quits XBMC, it fails to start a new instance - nothing happens. I've tried running EventGhost as Administrator too but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?
I believe there is a plugin called "timer" in EventGhost. You should be able to trigger the xbmc executable to launch at a specific time using that.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
@starnzy

Can you let me know how you managed to quit XBMC as we would like to do it in our TVCatchup addon.

TIA
Just create a batch file using the taskkill command to close then reopen XBMC.

To do this in Win 7 64bit, open Notepad, type this:

Code:
C:\Windows\Syswow64\TaskKill /F /IM xbmc.exe
timeout /T 1
start "XBMC" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Save as restart.bat (when saving make sure you change "Save as type" from text documents to All Files).

Then using EG, either map that to a button on your remote (I did mine so that I hold a specific button down for 5 secs before it executes). Or you can find the "timer" plugin that thrak76 suggested.

EDIT- you can also use task scheduler in Win 7 to run the batch file at 3:00am or whatever time you want.
@LakersFan: That's great, thanks for your help.

@spoyser: Well, when I say I managed to quit XBMC, I did so by simply finding the XBMC2: Quit action under the SBMC plugin in EventGhost, then selecting Execute on the contextual menu, which quit my running instance of XBMC. I was hoping to be able to use the Restart action instead though, so never actually included the Quit action within my own macro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to quit & restart XBMC using EventGhost?0