Option to choose different audio output device for music and video
i did this for eden:

http://certxbmc.blogspot.de/2010/10/xbmc...erate.html

but i does not work with frodo.
cert_ that sounds like exactly what I need!

I don't have these options in Eden. Is this a custom modification? and how can I get those?
i modified the source code, the patch is not public. "audio output device" is for 5.1 movies and will give normal output to 5.1 speakers. "music output device" is for music only. i want my music playback on front speakers and subwoofer. center and rears are disabled. "stereo output device" is for movies and live tv with 2.0 sound. 2.0 sound is processed by alsa plugins to output dolby pro logic surround sound to 5.1. my speakers are connected to analog outputs, i don't have an external surround processor/ decoder/ receiver. i will try to patch frodo.
Eeks. We can cater to 0.001% of setups or you can just get a real setup.

Sorry, don't mean to sound harsh, but it's really a matter of creating the most usable good experience for the greatest number of users without making it too hard to setup for the odd obscure setup. If we cater to everything it makes for a coding nightmare.

Dual audio is easy to achieve with a decent AVR, as are most of the other requests here. We strive to create a great multimedia experience, but meet us halfway Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@DDDamian, sure if I buy a new receiver with HDMI that would be solved. However I bought mine a couple of years back (5 I think), it doesn't have HDMI but otherwise works just fine (sounds awesome) and I don't really see a reason to buy a new one just to get an anoying delay of the TV out of the way (which xbmc can solve with a audio delay). I would assume that many of us face similar issues, having an option to put music to a different audio device than video doesn't sound like that far fetched to me.

@cert_ I still use eden, can you give me the patch? I compile myself so I have no problem applying it.
greywind: see PM
(2012-10-06, 04:59)DDDamian Wrote: Dual audio is easy to achieve with a decent AVR, as are most of the other requests here. We strive to create a great multimedia experience, but meet us halfway Wink

I'd like this feature due to my kitchen setup, where the speakers I'd like to use for music is nowhere near the TV. Obviously, using those speakers for watching video will be very confusing, so a decent AVR wouldn't help in this case.

Possibly beating a dead horse here, sorry about that, just wanted to make clear that the scenario is not extreme when moving xbmc out of the living room.

/D
I won't rule it out (except as being added during this cycle), but in the meantime you can set up a second profile for quick switching in those cases. I know it's not quite as convenient, but likely the best here-and-now solution.

The reference to the AVR would be for multi-zone usage, again not quite the solution you're looking for though.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Even with recent sound system, if you want to power the Zone #2, you have to feed it with an analog source only. Probably some of them will support digital for zone #2 but most of them won't
For those interested cert_'s patch is working nicely, just what I needed. Thanks again!
I'm absolutely interested but unfortunately I don't have any programming skillSad. Is there someone that can compile it for me? I'm using eden under win7 64 bit. Thanks in advance!
no Windows here, sorry.
I successfully patched frodo with a similar patch. You can find some more information (german) at http://certxbmc.blogspot.de/ or the patch at http://paste.ubuntu.com/1356690/
anyone tried the patch?
I am willing to tried the patch can any one give me little help... i am using ubuntu

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to choose different audio output device for music and video4